33. Grow Up

"hey sunshine" Seokjin said into the phone when they all sat in the car. "we're bringing a little surprise" He winked at Jimin through the rear view mirror and Jimin blushed.

Yoongi sat next to the driver's seat while Jungkook was with Jimin on the backseat. He held Jimin's hand with his thumb lightly brushing Jimin's knuckles letting him know that he was safe.

"we'll reach home in thirty minutes" Yoongi let them know as he fished his phone from his pocket and switching on navigation.

"what took so long?" Seokjin asked and Jimin felt Jungkook's body tense next to him.

Jungkook was scared now. He didn't want Seokjin to know what Jungkook was doing when Yoongi entered. He knew Seokjin loved him and all but he also knew how much he hated violence, especially when it involved Jungkook.

"Jungkook was" Yoongi started, looking at Jungkook through the rear view mirror and Jungkook nervously turned his head to the side, biting his lips and looking out of the window.

"he was in a fight with Alex" Yoongi completed his sentence.

"what" Seokjin said and Jungkook knew he was dead.

"is it true, Jungkook ?" He asked, the anger clearly audible in his voice. Jimin didn't know what to do. He just held Jungkook's hand tighter, feeling Jungkook's hand tremble.

"hyung i-" Jungkook tried to explain but Seokjin was done listening.

"i asked if what Yoon is saying is true or not" Seokjin said

"yes, hyung" Jungkook replied.

"and what were you thinking ?" Seokjin looked at Jungkook and Jungkook shivered.

"im sorry hyung" Jungkook said in a truly apologetic voice.

"how many times have we told you to stay away from him Jungkook ?" The vein on Seokjin's neck popped out, showing how mad he was.

"but he-" Jungkook tried to speak

"i don't want to hear anything else " Seokjin said. "i wonder what will get you to understand that all this is of no use" Seokjin gripped the steering wheel tightly, his knuckles white.

"even if he did something to Jimin, i thought you are mature enough to know what to do" Seokjin said "perhaps you used the situation around you as a way to finally pay back the way he treated you in high school huh?" Seokjin said and Jungkook's head shot up, disbelief and pain clear in his eyes. "no hyung" he spoke, his voice choking as he tried hard not to cry. "i don't know what else to say" Seokjin huffed out, dropping the matter. "grow up"

Jimin thought that Seokjin went a little rough on Jungkook. He knew he was correct at some points and truly cared for Jungkook but he felt like Seokjin should've at least listened to what Jungkook was saying. The hand that was holding Jungkook's hand traveled up, lightly resting on Jungkook's as he brushed it. He saw as Jungkook bowed his head down fully, completely hiding behind the seat. He saw as tears fell down from his eyes as he sobbed quietly.

"stop crying now Jungkook" Seokjin said, still very much angry. Jimin lightly patted Jungkook's back, urging him to sit back. Jungkook wiped his tears with his sleeve as he stared out of the window. His phone buzzed.

MIN(E)❤️

MIN(E)❤️ :
baby 🙁💗

MIN(E) :
it'll be okay 💗💗

MIN(E)❤️ :
talk to him when you get home?

Jungkook smiled at Jimin faintly before he went back to staring outside the window. The rest of the ride was silent.

"we're here," Seokjin said as he stopped the car. He parked it in one smooth move and Jimin was impressed. Jungkook moved out of the car, unloading his suitcase and quickly moving to the house, he was clearly avoiding any conversation. "he needs to grow up" Seokjin sighed, helping Jimin to unload his suitcases and other stuff from the trunk. The three of them walked over to the house, not finding Jungkook there leaving Jimin alone with Yoongi and Seokjin. Jimin worried if Jungkook would be okay, he checked his phone, hoping Jungkook texted him. He was correct.

LOVE🐰🤍

LOVE🐰🤍 :
i'll be in my room, the one
with the black door.

LOVE🐰🤍 :
im fine

LOVE🐰🤍 :
i love you❤️

Jimin smiled at the texts, putting his phone back in his pocket. He decided to tell Seokjin what really happened.

"hyung ?" He nervously said and both Yoongi and SeokJin looked at him, raising their heads from their phone screens.

"do you need something Jimin?" Seokjin asked fondly and Jimin shook his head nervously. "about Jungkook" he started "Alex uh"

"why were you crying when i got there ?" Yoongi said

"Jimin was crying?" Seokjin asked Jimin "are you okay Jimin?" he asked again.

"Last night in our hostel. . ." Jimin hesitated "Alex hit and humiliated me in front of a lot of students. . . he kicked me in my head which knocked me unconscious and uh today morning before Yoongi hyung came, he called me a" he stopped, feeling uncomfortable

"it's okay Jimin" Seokjin said softly.

"he called me whore and other stuff, and i fell to the ground crying and alex kept insulting the both of us so Jungkook went and-" he stopped.

When he looked up, both of the men were staring at him sadly and Seokjin looked broken. "you scolded him for nothing" Yoongi said as Seokjin bowed his head in shame.

"thank you for telling us Jimin" Seokjin smiled at Jimin sadly.

"are you okay?" he asked and Jimin shook his head. "my head hurts a lot hyung and my cheeks too" he admitted

"i didn't tell Jungkook because i was afraid he will worry." Seokjin knocked on the door that looked simple but luxurious. The door was opened by a boy who had a pout on his face, his expression changing slowly, and his eyes blowing wide when they landed on Jimin.

"Are you who I think you are" The boy had a unique voice, unlike Jimin had ever heard. "Hobi let us in, Jimin must be tired," Seokjin said and the boy jumped, surprising Jimin.

———
thankyou for reading xx