44

Kieran offered Nora a kind smile, watching her as she fished at Owanjila.

She didn't notice at first, reeling in a particularly big fish that she was struggling with. She was close to bringing it in, however with the line snapping the fish unfortunately got away, much to Nora's disappointment.

"Better luck next time." Kieran commented. The female turned around with a little smile, putting the rod away to sit next to Kieran on the grass.

"Ah well, just a silly fish anyway." She chuckled, bringing her knees up to her chest; using them as a place to rest her arms as she sat.

The two sat together in an uncomfortable silence, enjoying their company alone without the need to talk with one another. This silence, aside from the occasional bird making noise, was broke when Nora coughed, clearing her throat in preparation to talk once again.

"I'm heading out this afternoon, Lakay."

"That far?"

"It's where the gangs held up, not sure if I told y'all. Anyway; I was gonna head back to see if they're all, well, as fine as what they can be given their current situation."

Kieran frowned, disliking the idea of Nora heading out that far and undoubtedly for a few days. He didn't like it, not for Nora leaving, but simply for being left alone with her two brothers who were simply just bullies was not an ideal situation he wanted to be in.

But he was in no place to tell Nora what she couldn't do, he could bring up worry over being with her brother's but then again Lem and Cripps would be staying so what was there to worry over.

"How long will you be gone for?"

"I wanna say two weeks at most; I don't want to stay out long. Nor leave the boys unsupervised." The two shared a chuckle, enjoying each other's company as they slowly drifted back into that familiar sense of comfort around eachother.

He nodded, a slow and steady movement before raising his hand just to scratch at his beard. She looked over with a small smile, something in her eyes he could not quite place.

"Will you be alright here? With the boys I mean?" Ah so it was concern she had reflected in her eyes. Kieran was lost in them, managing to pull himself away through averting his attention elsewhere but he had been so captivated by the blue orbs he had completely forgotten her question.

"W-What did you say, sorry?"

She chuckled. "I asked if you'd be okay with Harry and James."

He wasn't so sure himself, he didn't want to be left with them and then again he didn't want to keep Nora from whatever business she needed to attend too and leaving camp himself was long out of the question.

"I should be." He managed, his voice breaking in the slightest as his own words betrayed him. It appeared that his own mind and body itself wasn't sure and he was just lying to not cause Nora to worry.

"Well, if they do bother you just shoot them. Try not to kill them but that sometimes can't be helped." His eyes widened, mouth agape as he was taken aback by this. Noticing his reaction she let out a chuckle, somewhere a snort slipped in as she genuinely laughed at his shocked features.

"I was kidding." She managed out between fits of laughter, moving her hand to rest on her chest in a matter of calming herself. All she needed was to look back over at Kieran for the laughter to start back up again.

The male smirked as he watched her, rolling his eyes at the same time of shaking his head in response. She was laughing close to another five minutes before she eventually stopped, her breathe heavy now at the lack of oxygen she endured.