20

"Can you watch Daya and put her to sleep ? I don't want her to see this if things get bad.", Nick asked Austin. "Yeah man, of course.", Austin said as he picked Daya up and held her in his arms, lightly bouncing her. "Thank you.", I tell Austin and he nods. We were now at the hospital in the waiting room. Me and Nick needed to see Miles.

We didn't know how this happened. All we knew was that Miles was in the hospital. Me and Nick walked up to the front desk. "We're here to see Miles Jared Mara.", Nick told the woman at the desk. "What are your relations to the patient ?", she asked us. "We're his parents. I'm his father and this is his step mother.", Nick told her.

She nodded and then started typing on her little computer. Once she was done, she told us which room he was in. "He's in room 306. Take the elevator.", she told us. Nick quickly walked off to the elevator. "I'm sorry, he's really upset. But thank you so much ma'am.", I tell the lady at the desk as I follow Nick. We get in the elevator and the door closes.

"Nicholas, you have to calm down.", I tell him. "I'll calm down after I find out what happened to my son.", he said to me angrily. "Hey, I'm upset too ! Don't take your shit out on me. I told you I still didn't trust her.", I snap at him. He sighed. "Please Chasity, just hold me and keep me calm. Don't fight with me when I act like this.", Nick said softly. My poor baby.

I pulled him into my chest and rubbed the back of his head as he wrapped his arms around me tightly. I kissed his forehead as we continued to ride the elevator to the third floor. Once we got to our stop, we ran off the elevator and ran to Miles's room. It was hard for me cause I was wearing heels but I made sure I kept up with Nick. We got to the room and immediately ran in.

There were cops talking to Alexys and she was crying. Miles was laying in a hospital bed with his eyes closed. "What the hell happened to my son ?", Nick said. All eyes were on us. "Who are you ?", one cop asked. "I'm the legal guardian of Miles Mara.", Nick said. "Now, can someone please tell me what the fuck happened to my son ?!"

"No need to yell sir.", another cop said. "Fuck that, I'm gonna continue to yell until someone tells me why the fuck my son is laying in a hospital bed and she isn't !", Nick snapped as he pointed towards Alexys. "Apparently, there was a fire. Your son survived without a burn or scratch on him but he has smoke in his lungs. We're still trying to figure out how the fire started.", a cop explained to us.

"How bad was the fire ?", I ask. "It burned the whole house down, ma'am.", I was told. I shook my head and looked at Miles. Thank god he survived. "Now, how the hell did the fire start ?", Nick asked. "That's what we're trying to figure out. Her story isn't making sense.", a cop told us as we looked at Alexys. She was crying and scratching the inside of her arm.

"Tell me what happened or I swear to god, I'll get Chasity to beat your ass again.", Nick said to her. "I-I-I already t-told them w-what happened. I was c-cooking and I left to go upstairs to g-get something and then I fell asleep and woke up to the house being b-burnt down.", she spoke and cried. I continued to watch her scratch her inner arm. Her story was complete bullshit.

I walk up to her and roughly grab her arm. I saw track marks. "You lying son of bitch !", I yell in her face. "There are track marks on your arm and they're fresh ! That means you've been shooting up ! Now, give us the real damn story cause you digging a deeper hole for yourself !", I yell. Alexys looked around at all of us. The cops and Nick took a look at her arm. There was even a mark where something had been wrapped around her arm. "I knew you weren't better.", I say as I roughly drop her arm.

@chaschas

646,258 likeschaschas You're mommy's little soldier

646,258 likes
chaschas You're mommy's little soldier. Get better for me please 🥺💙

COMMENTS ARE DISABLED

@therealnickmara

764,626 likesTherealnickmara I'm so sorry

764,626 likes
Therealnickmara I'm so sorry. What happened to you was my fault. I should've known better. But you're strong just like me. I know you'll be fine. I love you. I couldn't ask for a better son 💙

COMMENTS ARE DISABLED

A/n ~ I'm sorry if I made y'all sad 😢