III

𝐄𝐆𝐆𝐒𝐘 walks alongside Jane as the two make their way down the street to their apartments.

Neither of them talk but the silence isn't awkward. Eggsy tries his best not to stare at Jane. After the talk with his friends at the pub, he had been thinking about his friendship with Jane.

Of course they just became friends and she was really cool. But the downside of the friendship was that she was absolutely gorgeous and Eggsy was attracted to her, yet he knew he would never be her type.

Hell she didn't even know what her own type was but Eggsy knew he would never stand a chance.

The two stop and stand outside Jane's door as she gets her keys out her purse. She glances over at Eggsy who seems to be having an internal conflict. She smiles lightly and waved her hand in-front of his face.

"You wanna come inside?"

Eggsy snaps out of his inner turmoil and thinks about his rely before he opens his mouth.

"Sure."

Jane opens the door and steps in then closes it behind Eggsy. Her heart skips a beat as she breathes in his woody scent. Her body warms up as she feels the heat from his body as he stands near her. With her mind running at 100mph, she decides it's probably best to stay in the living room.

"I'm gonna go change really quick. Make yourself at home."

Eggsy nods as she quickly passes him and runs into her room. He lets out a huge breath of air and walks over to the couch. He didn't know why he was feeling nervous. He had been here too many times to count ever since they started to become closer.

Sitting down he runs his hand down his face and shakes his shoulders, trying to relax. He freezes as he hears the door open and Jane's bare feet padding across the floor.

"Want a cuppa?"

"Yeah that would be great."

Jane makes the two a quick cup of tea and then hurries into the kitchen. She hands the cup to Eggsy then sits down beside him with hers in hand.

"Thanks Jane."

"Of course. Thanks again for walking with me. And for staying at the pub until I close. You don't have to do that. But I'm very grateful."

"It's honestly no problem."

Jane lightly places her cup on the table then turns to look at Eggsy as she sits cross crossed. She smiles at him making him look at her in confusion.

"Something on my face?"

"No. I'm just trying to figure out why you always wear those caps. You have a full head of hair under there. Yet you never show it."

Eggsy chuckles, "How do you know it's a full head of hair. I could be balding."

Jane bursts out laughing making Eggsy smile widely, "Eggsy Unwin there is no flipping way that you would be balding. Never. Take the hat off."

"Why?"

Jane chuckles as Eggsy tries to move away from her, "I just want to see. I bet you have nicer hair than I do."

"Nah I'm okay."

"Eggsy take off the flipping cap."

"No." He laughs as he tries to swat her hands away from his hat.

She yells yes and tackles him making him fall back on the couch. Eggsy freezes as he realizes that Jane was now straddling him. She rips off his cap and whistles staring at his golden locks.