Chapter 5

Did you have to do this?

I was thinking that you could be trusted

Did you have to ruin what was shiny?

Now it's all rusted

~~~

Ahsoka just sat in her room, tears till streaming down her face. She had so many emotions running through here that she couldn't even keep them straight. She was especially angry with herself for revealing to Lux that Carys was his daughter. She knew that, despite what she said and her threats, she wouldn't be able to keep Lux away from her.

She just sat there as thoughts of Lux came to her mind. For the first time in over five years, she allowed herself to think of him again. How things could've been different, how they could be now if they had never split up.

Ahsoka let the good memories come flooding back, and boy did they have some good times together. Ahsoka smiled. Deep down she wished it could be like that again, but she knew it wasn't possible. Their relationship had been permanently damaged that night.

Still she basked in the good times they had shared together, but that was short lived. For every good time they shared, almost always a bad time. When they had first gotten together and were still young an naive, they almost never fought, but as they grew older, the fighting increased, the yelling increased, the nights where they went to bed angry were coming more and more often. Neither of them wanted it to be that way, but it had just... happened. They brought the best and worst out of each other.

As the memories came back, she tried her best to keep the one that destroyed her away, but she couldn't. That was the most prominent memory she had of their time together, and it finally came back to her, dragging her back into the moment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahsoka had just left the doctors office and was more excited than ever. She was pregnant, and even better, it was the love of her life who had done this to her. She couldn't be happier, they would forever be connected by this bundle of joy. They hadn't necessarily been trying to have a kid, but she was happy nonetheless. She had always dreamed of being a mother. She couldn't wait to see his reaction when she told him. She just hoped he would be as happy as she was.

The whole speeder ride home her smile never wavered. She was beyond ecstatic, and there was nothing that could change her mood... or so she thought.

She walked in the door to their house. "I'm home love!" Ahsoka said sing songily. It was like she was floating she was so happy.

"I'm in the kitchen!" Lux shouted. Ahsoka thought she sensed something wrong in his voice, but shook it off. She was too happy about the news. She seemingly floated into the room.

However, once she reached the room and saw Lux, she could definitely sense something was off. Her smile faded, and she became worried.

"Lux... what's wrong?" Ahsoka asked hesitantly.

"Do you know what time it is?"

"Uhhh... I don't know it's..." she checked her watch and gasped. It read 11:30 pm! Kriff she hadn't even realized she spent that long at the doctor's office.