Prologue Part 1

(Mario's P.O.V)

It was late and mom was tucking me into bed and when she was going to read me a story I asked if I could choose the story and I chose one about Zeus. Mom looked shocked when I chose it but read it anyways.

After the story ended I made comments the seemed to have shocked mom.

Mario:I wish I could be like him when I'm older. I want to shoot lightning too.

Mario's Mom: Oh really now? Well then you'd be my little sparky boy.

Mario(Flustered): MOOOOOM!

Mario's Mom: Hey, it's true.

Mario: Okay, goodnight. I love you mom.

Mario's Mom: I love you too sweetie.

(Mario's Mother P.O.V)

After I tucked Mario into bed I went to the living room only to see someone I didn't expect to see at this time. It turned out to be my husband Zeus.

Mario's Mom: Zeus, what are you doing here? You know Mario isn't old enough to know about his heritage yet. Let alone the fact the his father is the king of the gods.

Zeus: I know, but this is important! Someone is after Mario for his power and he's about to show up here! You knew what to do in case something like this were to ever happen so pack his things and get the teleportation pearl. I'm sorry.

Without a second though I ran to the attic and got the bag Zeus was talking about along with the pearl and a lightning wand. After that I went to Mario's room and woke  him up as soon as he can.

(Mario's P.O.V)

I was woken up in a rough manner and started asking questions.

Mario: Mommy why are you waking me up?

Mario's Mom: Sweetie I know this is hard but you need to leave.

Mario: What!?!?

Mario's Mom: Remember about Zeus? He is your father and you have his powers, you need to leave and take these. The backpack has enough food for a month along with a survival guide and books for learning. The wand can help you channel your power easier and the pearl can teleport you to your dad's temple.

I then saw electricity surge around my house and I started crying and asked.

Mario: But what about you mommy?

Mario's Mom: I'm sorry son but I have to distract a very bad person fighting daddy to protect you, but don't worry I'll always be with you my son.

Mom threw the pearl on the ground and a portal appeared.  Mom pushed me through the portal and it closed on her end and gave me a view of what happened on her end and I saw a shadowy figure holding my mom's head on his right hand and a sword on the other.

Shadowy Figure: Where is the son of Zeus human!?!?

Mario's Mom: Far away from you that's for sure!

Shadowy Figure: Then die!

What I saw horrified me. I saw my mother get decapitated as my view was fading and when the portal closed I was left alone and crying for hours.