Chapter 2 (Nightmare and Breakfast)

(Mario P.O.V)

Mario(as a kid in dream): Mommy?

Mario's Mom: Hello Sparky.

I then see the same shadowy figure that killed my mother and I ran towards her without a second thought.

Mario:Mommy run please he'll take you away!

Despite my pleas my mom doesn't budge and before I even got close to her she was taken from me once again. I then woke up with tears running down my face and realizing it was a nightmare and I noticed it was 6:00 A.M. so I decided to go make breakfast. I remembered that Kay wakes up early as well and that gave me the idea to make her some food too.

(Kaykrae P.O.V)

I was walking to the dining area until I smelled something delicious coming from it. When I peaked through the window I saw Mario wearing a pink apron, as it was the only ones we had at camp, cooking breakfast while an apple pie was baking in the oven. After I saw that I went to the mess hall only to be interrupted by Mario entering as well with 2 servings of food.

Kay: Mario why do you have 2 servings of food?

Mario: Oh, that's simple. One is for me and the other one is for you.

I blushed a bit after he said that since no one ever made me breakfast and it was so nice of him. I thanked him for the food and after we finished eating he brought in the apple pie that was in the oven. The aroma of it was so nice and I was practically drooling at the smell of it. After Mario set it down on the table we cut it in half and we both began digging into our dessert. It was the best thing I ever tasted and I couldn't help but compliment him for the delicious pie.

Kay:Wow, Mario this is really good! Where'd you learn to make this?

Mario(At first embarrassed, but then saddened): Well I learned it from my mother whenever I looked at her baking.

(Mario P.O.V)

I suddenly felt sad and then tears ran down my face. When Kay noticed she asked me what was wrong and I told her my life story.

Kay:Mario, I'm so sorry about your loss, but trust me I know how it feels too. I also lost my mother.

Mario:It's okay and sorry about your mother.

Kay:Don't worry about it, that was a long time ago. Also thanks for the necklace, it's really been helping me throughout battles.

Mario(blushes):You're welcome, besides, they made me think about you and I really wanted you to have it.

Kay(also blushes):Really? That means a lot to me. Thanks Mario.

Time Skip After Breakfast

(Kaykrae P.O.V)

Mario is so sweet and he's also a bit cu wait!!! What am I thinking? I'm a camp counselor and there's gotta be a rule against that right? Ugh! Oh Mario, when am I able to tell you about my feelings toward you?

Meanwhile at Mario's Place

Mario is currently muttering faster than he ever has due to the fact that he just talked to a girl that he was attracted to for the longest amount of time in his life for him.