TWO

Gigi woke up again, but this time she didn't wake up to the sounds of birds singing outside her window. She woke up to the sound of a car horn. She rubbed her eyes and looked at the time on her phone with furrowed brows.

"Shit." She spoke to herself and stood up. It was already 8:13 am and she forgot to set her alarm for 7:30 am. The car honking outside intensified with the minute, so she didn't change her clothes. She just made sure she looked presentable and sprayed some perfume on. She then ran downstairs to kiss her mothers cheek and hug her father goodbye.

"Took you long enough! What happened?" Jackie asked and held the door open for Gigi. She sat down in the car seat and buckled up next to Nicky.

"I forgot to set my alarm so i overslept a bit." She faked a smile and looked out the car window to see all the yellow brick houses they passed by.

It was beautiful and sunny outside, it was incredibly warm so the girls decided to roll down the windows to let the air in, or they would be cooked alive.

Once they got to school they all split up and went their separate ways as usual. Jan went towards her theater class, Nicky went towards photography, Jackie towards economy and Gigi headed to her locker outside the design studio. She noticed as she passed by the studio that it's door was open. She didn't pay much attention to it though and went to grab her sewing kit and notebook instead.

Once she was back outside the studio she decided to head in since the room was unlocked, and inside she saw someone she didn't recognize.

The girl who stood in the far end of the classroom was looking through the pearls and beads that they used for decoration in their many projects. She had curly red hair and an odd sense of fashion. It didn't look bad on her but it was a mishmash of many different colors. It was a big contrast to the boring yellow she saw on the daily.

Gigi smiled when she saw the girls necklaces. She wore several different color necklaces and they somehow matched the outfit. They were built with pearls, seashells and really pretty beads in the colors of yellow, pink, purple and a beautiful sunset kind of orange.

Gigi caught herself staring at the girl as she turned to face her. Not only was the girls fashion interesting but she had an explosion of colors included in her makeup as well. Her lips were a shade of hot pink while her eye shadow was purple and orange. It complemented her tan skin beautifully.

"Oh! I'm sorry, i didn't notice someone came in." The girl laughed nervously and fiddled with her fingers. Gigi would've recognized her if she had seen her around school at any point since she is good with faces. Gigi just laughed with her and nodded before extending her hand to shake with the redhead.

 "I'm Gigi Goode. You're new here?" She asked with a furrowed brow. She knew she didn't know her but she also knew she wanted to.

The girl took Gigi's hand and shook it gently. 'Wow, her hand is so soft.' Gigi thought to herself. "I'm Crystal Methyd. It's my first day here as I just moved here from Springfield Missouri."

Gigi couldn't help but giggle a little at the girls name. It was cute and funny at the same time. Her parents must be a fun time. "Well it's very nice to meet you Crystal Methyd."

"Back at you Gigi Goode." Crystal gave Gigi a slight sly smirk.

~

(This chapter was shorter than the first one but at least I got to include Crystal! More of Crystal in the next chapter.)