Birthday Moments

[Jax]
When I woke up, the first thing that popped up in my head is what Emma told Daniel about us last night; "Not yet.". I looked at my phone at saw that I only had a few minutes before I'm already late for school so I just used magic to dress up and go.

[Emma]
When I got to school with Andi, the first person I looked for was Jax. I took a peek on my watch and found out my first class starts in a minute so we (me and Andi) had to run. I only got to see Jax after 4th period. I pulled him into the Janitor's Closet.

"Hi, I need advice. I have a question." I said.

"Sure, what is it?" he stammered.

"If you have feelings for someone and you're not sure if he/she feels the same way because you already broke up with him/her, what do you do?" I asked.

[Jax]
To be honest, I didn't want to answer her question since I know this is about Daniel but I had to since she has my trust and she always comes to me from help. I'm [one of] her best friend.

I asked, "Well, how are you so sure Daniel doesn't have feelings for you anymore?"

She bit her lip and slowly walked around but finally stopped. I could tell she was nervous.

She stuttered, "I-I wasn't talking about Daniel."

Then I asked, "Then who are you talking about?"

She looked at me straight in the eye with her head down a little, biting her lip. I stepped forward, close to her, and raised her head up a little bit.

I mumbled, "What makes you think I don't like you?"

I moved closer to her and kissed her, which in she responded. When we pulled away, we were speechless then the bell rang. Good thing we had the same 5th period today.

"We better go now." she said.

As we walked to class, we came across Daniel. He said that he wanted to speak to me so he pulled me away from Em.

"Don't even think of making your move on my Em or you'll regret it." he whispered.

"You don't tell me what to do. Get over it, Daniel. Now step back." I replied.

"Jax, let's go." she told me.

As we walked away, Daniel shot a death glare at me and stormed out as well.

"You plus Daniel in the same room equals not good." she said.

[Emma]
After school, I transported to Jax's house to bring him my present. As I roamed around the halls, I figured he wasn't there. The only person there was her brother, Logan Novoa. I called him and it seemed like he ignored me.

I asked, "Logan, have you seen Jax?"

"No. Who are you and how'd you get in here?" he replied with a deep Australian accent.

I answered, "I'm Emma and I'm a witch so I teleported in here. Just tell him to call me when he's here."

[Jax]
When I got home, Logan called on me.

"Mate, your girlfriend was here looking for you a while ago." he said.

When he said that, I knew he meant Emma. She must've been looking for me for quite a while now because we planned to meet up at my room, my house after school. She might think I stood her up but I didn't. I had a talk with Daniel and Mr. Alonso on whether or not Daniel has the rights to kick me out of the Sharks, in which Mr. Alonso decided that he doesn't, and re-assigned the position of Team Captain to me. I teleported to Emma's. When I got in, I found out that Andi was there.

"Happy Birthday to the new Team Captain of the Sharks!" Em and Andi congratulated.

"How'd you find out?" I asked.

"Daniel blabbered." Andi remarked, "I better leave you two alone. See you tommorow, Em."

After Andi left, Em pulled out a bag that had two matching black leather jackets. She definitely knows what I like. When I wore it on, I realized it had a small gem on the jacket near my wrist that glowed red.

I asked, "What's the gem for?"

She replied, "It's a magic gem. The color changes depending on what you feel for the person in front of you. If it glows red, that means you truly love the person in front of you. If it glows black, it means you truly hate the person in front of you. If it stays white, there is no major feeling."

As she put on the jacket, I looked at the gem and it glowed red. She smiled. She looked at her gem and it glowed red as well.

"Thank you. Really, it's amazing." I said softly.