Chapter Seventeen

[WARNING: MATURE CONTENT]

Jennie
•••

In a heartbeat, I knew that I was sure about this love.

I had known it in Lisa's arms when we hugged for the first time in Coffee Pages, in the corny jokes she told to make me laugh, in the dog café and in the ice rink on Christmas Eve, the first time she made love to me, all the times she made love to me, and in every word she has ever spoken and will speak because everything Lisa is made out of love.

I had known it for a while now, because it stood out to me like the only light in the endless void of shadows, where I was trapped and had never seen such emotion before- or forgotten, since it had been taken away from me.

The Jennie I was, so fearful of letting anyone inside her world, has turned to pouring her heart into the hands of another because she learned how to love in a matter of snow falling from the sky.

And Lisa. The tears she wept, streaming from her satin eyes, all in generous love for me was the moment I knew I was made to love her.

"Stay with me tonight." I said, because I wanted to take the train with her beside me, and cook her favorite dish, and give her some of my clothes to wear this time.

"Okay." she said, and we locked up the shop like always.

Like always, she told me about her day. She started with Vogue and all about how excited she is. Then, she mentioned our friend, who was doubtful of her hard work, but gave an impressive performance in front of millions. Like always, I told her about my day too. I was reluctant because I didn't want to turn down the mood, but she encouraged me to relieve the stress.

"My coffee distributor, Mr. Lee, is moving to Japan. He's still trying to figure out his own business, as he should, but I'm worried about the café. I mean, what do I do if I can't get the beans- my whole career is over."

Lisa sympathizes with me over dinner. She knows that she doesn't have all the solutions, so she does what she knows best and has me cracking up at her ridiculous dance moves and silly antics until my lungs are burning and my throat sore.

"Chaeng said we're all invited to Nayeon's party on the 4th." she says while she wash dishes, even if I offered to do it myself. "Wanna go?"

I would be closing up the store on that day and I'm planning to stay past work hours to settle the bills and other budgeting matters I haven't gotten around to. Trying to look for other coffee bean providers was part of the list of things to do.

"It sounds like fun, but I'll think about it." I watch my legs dangle off the counter top.

"Are you busy?" she asks and I'm afraid she'll bring up the whole You're Working Too Much conversation if I tell her about my agendas.

"Well, it would be around eleven when I get to the party since I'm closing and I don't know if I'll still be in the mood to mingle and stuff." that's also true. Parties aren't so much my thing and I wouldn't want to be a debbie downer because I'm feeling tired. "But you should go and make more friends."

"But it won't be as fun if you're not there." she whines with the most innocent pout.

"Any party with Chu and Chaeng will be fun. Promise you won't stop yourself from going just because of me." with the heaviest sigh, Lisa locks her pinky with mine.

She's quick to lock our lips, too. The kiss is gentle and slow, and the loads of the day seem to lift for the both of us now that we're in each other's comfort. I wrap my legs around her waist as she leans into me. My hands creep behind her neck and clasp together to keep us from inching away. Her own rest on my sides.