{Ch 8} My Mistake

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️
Cursing/Swearing

~ Y/N's POV ~
I woke up the next morning to birds chirping outside my balcony. I smile and get ready for work. While combining my hair, I hear a knock at my door. "It's open." I shout putting my comb down, I turn to see Harlequin. "Oh, hi Harlequin!" I say with a small wave. "H-Hi, can I talk to you?" He asked with a red face.

'Why is he so red, is it the uniform. It is a bit perverted, but why would he only notice now?"

I fly over to Harlequin. "Sure, whats there to talk about?" I ask with a smile. Harlequin began to fiddle with his fingers in thought. He began to mumble but I couldn't hear what he was saying. "Pardon?" I ask as Harlequin mumbles a bit louder. "Can you spe-" "I love you!" Harlequin shouted. That caught me completely off guard, I was frozen in place I couldn't react or say anything. My head was spinning in circles with questions. I shake my head out of confusion. "What!? Why!? You have Diane!" I start to spew out question after question just making the situation more awkward. Harlequin grabs both of my shoulders and starts to shake me gently making me stop asking questions, then brings me closer to him.

'What the heck.What the heck.What the heck.What the heck.What the heck.What the heck.What the heck.What the heck.What the heck.What the heck. What the heck.What the heck.What the heck.What the heck.What the heck.What the heck.'

Harlequin begins to slowly lean in and I was panicking. Our lips met but it didn't feel good, I felt guilty. Not a minute later, I pulled away with a shocked expression. I wanted to ask so many questions but I couldn't move. It felt like I wasn't in control of my body, as if it was frozen in time. I kept opening my mouth trying to speak but nothing would come out. I only managed to say one thing.

"... why..?"

~ King's POV ~
   As soon as that question escaped her lips I knew she didn't like me back. "I love you, a lot. Even more then when we originally fell in love." I said with a small tint of pink grow in my cheeks. "I'm sorry, I can't love you anymore. I can't do that to Diane. A relationship isn't in either of our cards." Y/N said with a warming smile. "Y/N, please." I said beginning to tear up. "I'm sorry. I knew would fulfill your promise to love me, like you always do. It was just a bit too late for me." Y/N said fiddling with the string on her wrist.

I take my hands off of her shoulders as tears start rolling down my cheeks. Y/N tilted my face up and wiped my tears away. "You never said you had to love me as a significant other." Y/N said as she wiped my face. I felt Y/N kiss my cheek and leave. I stood in silence letting what just happened sink in. I began to cry knowing what I did wasn't right.

~ Y/N's POV ~
I walked out of the room not wanting to be in that situation anymore.

'I feel awful now. I know that being in a relationship with him would be bad for Diane. I don't love him anymore, I can't. I'm sorry Harlequin.'

I went through the day as if I was on autopilot. I wasn't focusing on work. My mind kept wondering to what Harlequin said. Everyone kept tell me to pay attention and I tried but I couldn't. It hurt because both Elizabeth and Diane kept asking me if I was okay. It hurt to lie to them but it's the only option I have right now. Finally, the work day ends and I go into my room and collapse onto my bed.

'I hate lying to Elizabeth and Diane but I can't do anything else right now. I can't and don't love him anymore. I wish that this whole ordeal never happened. I with I was still in the Fairy Kings Forest with Helbram, Elaine, Harlequin, the fountain of youth.'