Chapter 2 My future self.

The words we spoke were full of sincerity.

The basketball ball was rolling on the ground after it passed by the tall basket.

Sandeul looked for her with a big smile on his face.

She was jumping and her hands found his hands whilst they had that silly celebration they used to do.

"You'd been practicing!" She said looking for the ball.

She was not wearing her uniform. She left it behind long time ago. Now she was about to graduate from the law school.

"You're on your Senior year, isn't it?" As usual Eunjung had a sixth sense that let her know what he was thinking. She throw the ball to his chest. "Had you think where will you go after it?"

He didn't. He catched it. But he was sure about one think. "I'll probably study on the same college than you."

She smiled. "Yeah?" They started to play again. "That's good." She took the ball away from him and made a point. "I'm moving out of Daegu as soon as I graduated."

Just the sound of the ball hitting the ground until it came to a stop was heard.

"What?" He asked looking at her dark eyes.

"I have a job offer in Seoul. It's a little firm." She said her hand now focused on her long brown hair. "It's a good opportunity."

"Then I'll go to Seoul too!" He firmly said.

Her face softened. "Deullie..." She was the only who called him like that. He didn't know where that came from but he loved it. "You don't have to. You need to do what's better for..."

"I like you!" He confessed. He didn't care he was surely red. "A lot. I like you a lot!"

She smiled. "Oh, honey." She got closer. "I like you too. Very much." And he knew she was not saying this as a big sister to his little brother. They liked each other.

But he couldn't feel happiness. He should but his heart was aching.

"There's a but on this, isn't it?"

She smiled. And she extended her arms. They hugged. He could feel her breath on his neck. It felt so good.

"I'm old." She said and then giggled.

"Don't say that!" He complained, he didn't want to let her go.

"It's true, honey." She didn't let him go. She was slightly taller than him, he felt secure. She smelled like roses. "I'm going to live by myself now, and you... You're just starting..."

"I don't care." He mumbled.

"I do." She broke the embrace so she could face him. "Deullie, you're the sweetest man I know. You're mature and smart, and I'm so proud of you. I really want you to be happy and I really want you to care about your own future."

"I'll go to Seoul too." He said.

"You won't, baby. You won't leave your parents." It was true. He knew it. "Smile for me. Yeah? Do you want an ice cream?"

He chuckled. He wanted to cry. But he smiled. "It's too cold."

"C'mon! Noona will pay!" She took his hand. Hers was cold.

Before they left Sandeul took the ball again with a hand and throw it on the ground.

He liked the sound it made.

.

He looked at the ball until one of the kids that were playing took it again. He smiled. Not long ago he wouldn't be on the grades, he would be playing with them.