fifteen

"appa, i'm not so sure about this."

they were now both sitting on the beautiful white couch that's been sitting in her old playroom for years on years, although the white never turned away from its natural coloring.

ana-lisa's father was always so strict about that couch.

"i don't think it will work out." the proposal was out of sight for ana-lisa. she was grateful after her father almost clearly accepted her choice.

"darling, you've been wanting to become a radiologist since you've been able to say the word 'radiologist'"

"no appa, i've been wanting to be a cosmetologist, since i've been able to learn how to say cosmetologist..." her face shrank into a face of realization.

"but you wouldn't know that..." she said looking down.

"..." it was quiet for a short amount of time before her father broke the silence.

"darling, i've given you an opportunity that people would give their lives for, at least be a little more grateful." the last part barely made it through his gritted teeth.

"grateful?! all i've BEEN is fucking grateful. i've never said it to your face before because our family likes to base business off of family respect, but you're a big pain in my ass."

"you've never once been father enough to respect my decisions! i'm twenty-four fucking years old and you're just now respecting my decision of being a doctor?" she scoffed before brushing off her dress and standing up.

"i've never said this before but, i'll be in my room when you're ready to apologize."

in case anyone missed it: her father gave her an opportunity to move to seoul to pursue her dreams of becoming a radiologist but she yelled at him for not necessarily asking but forcing her to move here.

when he doesn't respect her decision she forces her right to make decisions for herself.