06 | 𝘚𝘈𝘚𝘜𝘒𝘌'𝘚 𝘙𝘌𝘛𝘜𝘙𝘕

SASUKE DIDN'T KNOW WHY, BUT he had a feeling that the Kazekage of Sunagakure didn't like him that much

SASUKE DIDN'T KNOW WHY, BUT he had a feeling that the Kazekage of Sunagakure didn't like him that much. For no reason at all. Was it because of that one time he attacked him and the other Kages at the Five Kage Summit? He made it clear that he only wanted to kill Danzo, so there shouldn't have been any hard feelings... but oh well. He was a hateable guy, so who could blame him.

But his meeting with the Kazekage was just... weird. When Gaara welcomed him to Suna, his expression was blank but his posture was noticeably stiff. Even more confusing was when their conversation suddenly turned to his wife and daughter... who he hadn't seen in six years.

"You just missed them," he had said. "Sakura and Sarada stayed in Suna for about a year to help out at the hospital. They returned to Konoha about a week ago."

"Hn."

"I let them stay at my home."

Sasuke didn't know what to say to that. He knew about Sakura's stay at Suna, but he didn't know she had basically been living with Gaara. She never mentioned it in her letters (which were noticeably becoming more scarcer and less detailed as time passed on, a fact that he pretended not to notice).

"But I'm sure you knew about that though," Gaara continued on, his voice growing drier and his tone more passive-aggressive. "Since you've been communicating with your wife and daughter like every good husband and father does, haven't you."

It was one of the most awkward conversations in his life. Sasuke didn't know how to say so he basically just 'hnn'-ed his way out of the chat and left it as is. It was no surprise that his brief break at Sunagakure had only lasted about two days.

He wasn't wanted there, a feeling he knew all too well. So he left to continue with his mission.

When Kaguya's existence was revealed as well as her clan name—the Otsutsuki—Sasuke was sure that there was more to learn about Kaguya's history. His hunch turned out correct when left for his near-decade long mission when he discovered that there were at least two more Otsutsuki members in the world. And worse, they were hunting down jinchuriki.

Can't they be more original in their goals? Sasuke inwardly scoffed as he dashed through the trees. The Akatsuki may be gone, but they pretty much had 'hunting down jinchuriki' in copyright ownership. It was their thing.

Right now he was heading towards the Otsutsuki clan's ruins, where he was sure the remainder of them were hiding.

Everything was going well until a messenger hawk found him. It dropped a scroll into his awaiting hand and he opened it impatiently, his eyes blinded by all the obnoxiously capitalized letters.

TEME!

Get your ass back to Konoha RIGHT NOW!