009

aliyah's pov

i heard shouting in the distance as i walked outside of the main school building. it looked like mar was shouting at two guys. this wasn't good... i tried keeping my distance but i had to walk past them to get to my car.

things started turning aggressive when mar began pushing someone. it appeared to be either miguel or antonio.

i locked eyes with samy who had a blank expression on his face. he then broke the eye contact to hold back mar and diffuse the situation.

samy looked like he was whispering something to mar and quickly his head turned in my direction. he also had no expression on his face but instead held his head lower and walked away.

i walked to my car with a slight fast pace and sat there for a few minutes trying to understand what i just saw. i really didn't understand the history between them, i was new to the school. but why did mar walk away when he saw me? i can't ask him... that's awkward. it probably has nothing to do with me.

i plopped onto my bed and rang kourtney to fill her in on what happened between mar, miguel and antonio.

"maybe mar has a crush?" she suggested.

"no way, he can literally have anyone in that school," i replied.

"maybe he doesn't want them. i don't know much about him, he's quite secretive but the whole protecting you thing is unlike him,"

"i'm not going to assume anything because i really don't know him like that,"

"but on the miguel subject i heard he's having a party tomorrow," she said smiling.

"i don't know if that's smart kourtney, he's weird,"

"i mean mar's probably going to be there to protect you anyway," an even bigger smile appeared on her face now.

"i'll go if you go?" i said.

"it's a date." she winked.

"aliyah! can you come down!?"

"got to go, darren's shouting." i told kourtney. we said our goodbyes and i went downstairs to see why my dad was shouting.

"we're going out to that new restaurant we were telling you about later as part of our anniversary celebrations," he started. "we'll leave enough money so you can order food or go to walmart if you wish," he continued.

"i'll probably order something. also can i go to this party tomorrow with kourtney?" i asked.

"as long as your back at a reasonable time." my dad replied.

8:00pm
i headed to walmart to buy some snacks so i could binge watch netflix all night. i was in the chips aisle deciding which ones to get when someone approached me.

"look who's here," he almost whispered as he stood too close behind me. i knew exactly who it was and it sent chills down my spine.

i turned around only to be awkwardly close to his face.

"can you back up?" i asked.

"don't act like you don't enjoy me being this close." he replied

"just leave me alone," i say as i try to push him away from me.

"she said leave her alone," an annoyed yet comforting voice says.

"what are you going to do mar?" the man says back.

"you know what i'm capable of miguel."