Epilogue

Caz opened his eyes to the rhythmic beep of his heart monitor. He blinked his eyes as a nurse leaned in.
"Oh. You're awake. That's good, I'll get the doctor."
The nurse left to retrieve the doctor as she had said. Caz looked out the window, wondering if Ethane had made it back okay. The doctor entered the room and pulled up a chair.
"Ah. Mr.Winters, you're awake. Very good. I am Dr.Greene. I was wondering if you could tell us what your remembering happening. You see, when they brought you in, you told quite the story."
Caz swallowed and looked at the Doctor.
"Dr.Greene... Sam."
His eyes began to well up.
"I'm not telling stories. It's true. The Hissi are out there. If you just go there you'll find them in the basement!"
The heart rate monitor went up. Dr.Greene cleared his throat as he signed some papers on his clipboard.
"That's the second time you called me Sam, Mr.Winters. My name is Patrick, and the cabin you mentioned was burnt to the ground. There wasn't a recoverable thing or being. It was all ash that was blown away by the wind. Do you understand Mr.Winters? The cabin... Doesn't exist."
Caz's monitor started to beat frantically.
"YOU'RE LYING! ETHANE! E! IS WAITING FOR ME!"
Dr.Greene turned to the nurse who let two burly gentlemen into the door. Dr.Greene cleared his throat then gently placed his hand on Caz's.
"Please. Take a deep breath. Try to calm down. We're going to get you help son. It will all be okay."
Caz was then dragged by the men into a van that was waiting outside. He was soon admitted into a behavioral hospital where he was placed in room 1218.
Caz began to rock holding his knees as he stared at the ceiling.
"Dad. Hey dad. Why don't you talk back? I always talk to you, but you never talk to me. Why did everyone leave me alone? Why - why why why why why why?"
-Earlier-
As Caz was escaping from death the cold air rushed into the Cabin. Ethane began to bang on the keys as his asthma reacted. Phlegm beagan to build and he started to crawl to his room with Nugget meowing alongside him, trying to nudge him closer to his inhaler. As he was headed up the stairs, there was a commotion at the front door. Men and Women stood there with gasoline and lighters. They began to douse the Cabin in gasoline and scream about ending the Gundry Cabin curse. Ethane kept gasping for air as he crawled up the stairs and into his room. The men and women lit the cabin in flames and made way back to the village not far down the mountain a few at the back of the pack were picked off by Hissi. Ethane took an inhale of his inhaler to find it was empty. It wasn't replaced from when he had an asthma attack from the pigs. Ethane watched as the flames began to engulf his family's cabin. He looked to Nugget.
"G-go. Death doesn't wait for- anyone."
Nugget let out a crying meow, licked Ethane's face and curled against Ethane's chest. Within a matter of minutes they had been turned into carbon and blown into the wind. Everything that had happened in the Gundry cabin was just... A blur.