12. flashback

♥

an excited look came to the young mermaids features as she saw her bestfriend come into view after a whole week without him.

on the other hand, a panicked look overtook taehyung as he was accidentally caught in a passionate kiss with said mermaid, by his roommate.

"it's not what it looks like!" taehyung shouted, backing away.

y/n just sat there confused but urged seokjin to come closer with her hand. when he got there she wrapped her arms around him in a big hug. "you're back! you're back!" she screamed. taehyung glanced over jealously.

"what were you two doing here alone, hm? i'm not sure i like what i just saw." seokjin glanced back at taehyung.

"well, it would be weird if you liked it, wouldn't it?" taehyung gulped.

seokjin scoffed and went back to greeting his favorite mermaid. "have you got anything to say to me missy?"

she thought for a moment.

"oh! i'm sorry seokjin! i didn't mean to be. a meanie! i don't know what got over me but i'm better now. please get rid of myungdae, he's so harsh!" she pouted.

he just laughed and patted her head. taking note of the new necklace that adorned her neck. he ignored it for the time being and went to go do some other things around the aquarium.

taehyung let out the breath he was holding in. "that was a close one, wasn't it?"

"a what?"

"never mind, you wouldn't get it." he sulked. clearly he was the only one affected by the encounter.

he looked around warily before pecking her lightly on the lips again, turning around when he felt a glare on his back coming from a ways away.

"i-i should go. it was nice seeing you, y/n. i'll come tomorrow? i like spending time with you." he offered shyly.

"yea. that's perfect, i'll be waiting!" she smiled, quickly saying goodbye as taehyung rushed to get away from seokjin's glare.

the day continued with her and seokjin's mild, playful bickering until he bid her goodnight.

"i'm glad you're back, jinnie." she expressed.

"i'm glad you're being nice now. thank god."

"shut up!"

"kidding. it's good to be back."

right as he was about to turn around he remembered. he walked over and helped her out of the uncomfortable shell top that she hadn't taken off in a week. she almost forgot about the uncomfortableness until this moment.

"finally! i almost forgot." she beamed, swimming down onto her little bed after saying goodnight once more.

many thoughts kept her up for a while but eventually she fell into a deep slumber.

the currents passed by quickly, altering her swimming patterns as she kept up with her parents. her grasp on her father's hand tightened and refused to let go even once they reached the safety of their coral reef.

"dark times are upon us, little one. always remember the tale of the three pendants. okay? you haven't forgotten yet, correct?" he mother warned her.

"i haven't forgotten, mama! what are these dark times? what does that mean?" she questioned.

"oh, honey. i can not tell you or it change your destiny. you will find out soon. i'm very sorry. i love you, don't forget that my sweet baby." her mother whispered to her.

she fell asleep in her parents arms that night, thinking about the three pendants that could change anyone's fate. the three pendants that held the power to grant you access to the land and sea. the pendant she was taught to always remember, how could she forget it? it was engraved into her mind from such a young age. she grew up hearing about the stories of mermaids finding their futures with these simple powers, though she was never explicitly told what they were, she knew she would encounter them later in life.

within hours of falling asleep she was woken up abruptly to her parents yelling. a net wrapped around the end of her tail and she struggled to get out. her parents cries stopped. they just stared as she was reeled out of the water, yanking and tugging aimlessly.

"mama! papa! help me!" she cried. they frowned sadly but turned and swam away quickly. without a word.

her fate was already decided.

—————

i barely revised so sorry if there's mistakes i'm tired hehe

dis chapter was so short but i felt so bad for not updating and also i felt like i needed to get into the next stuff in a separate chapter? like it just needs to start in a new chapter anywaysssss

i love u babies dw i WILL finish this book i won't abandon it i just lag rlly bad with stuff. anyways i hope u like the drama and have fun during this summer even with the pandemic ♡ if you ever wanna message me just to talk i love chatting with people it's so fun also you guys are so cute in the comments i swear sofmrnskxkidnen i love u guys anyways sorry goodnight ily sweet dreams my babies (ceo of no punctuation in my authors notes)

855 words