16

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Bella. Happy birthday to you." My parents come in singing in their worst singing voices.

I rub my crusty eyes. I slept good. "What's this?" I say, lifting myself.

"It's your birthday breakfast!" My mom says, giving me a tray full of food.

"Wow! Thank you, guys!" I say, picking up my fork.

"Eat up and take a shower to get ready for your big day!"

"Okie," I say, stuffing the food into my mouth.

I got done in the shower, so I'm off to get dressed. I put up my hair in my towel, wrapping it around my head. I settled in my light-washed jeans, a black crop top t-shirt, and I place my checkered shoes by my bedroom door. I walk downstairs to Lucas on the couch.

"Hey! Whatcha doing here." I say, confusedly.

"Just wanted to hang out."

I look over to my mom, giving her the look.

"You two go have fun! I will be shopping for your last birthday gift. Take this visa gift card that is all yours."

"Woah! Thanks." I say, taking it from her. "Let me go get my shoes and dry my hair and then we can head out," I say to Lucas.

(Bella's mom's pov)

"Thanks for coming. I have asked various people to occupy, Bella, but they are all busy with work and kids. You were my last shot considering you don't have any children, and you are starting your new part-time job next week.

"Oh, it's no problem. I'm glad to help."

(Bella's pov)

I come downstairs, all pampered up. "Ready?"

"Yeah, let's hit the road."

We walk outside to his car.

"Where do you want to go." He askes.

"Let's go shopping. I need new clothes for next year."

"To the mall, it is!"

The first store that I decided to go in is Forever 21. I picked two outfits that I would think look good on me. I got a distressed denim overall shorts with a heathered mom tee, a light pink tie-waist paper bag shorts with a cherub & rose graphic tee that will be tucked in. My total ended up being around $70. Lucas was dozing off because I took so long shopping and trying everything on. I saved the rest of my gift card for a time when I'm going to need it. She gave me $150 for clothes and whatever else I fancied.

Lucas suggested to go bowling, so I agreed. I haven't been bowling since elementary, and that was for a birthday party. It's been a half-hour and I am still rusty. Lucas already got two strikes and all I have gotten was gutters and a few pins that were skimmed by the ball. We are taking a recess so our backs can rest. We are munching their decent quality pizza and drinking their amazingly good fizzy sodas.

"Who's texting you?" I say, curiously.

He snatches the phone immediately from the table. "No one. Let's finish up our game and head back."

I roll my orange bowling ball, and I twirl around after it was rolled. "Yes! A strike!" I say, jumping up and down.

He laughs. "You are looking at the wrong lane."

I look to my left to see my ball rolling in the gutter again. I lower my head. "Why you do dat to me. You should have let me absorb the satisfaction of finally getting a first strike."