Chapter 2: cherry

Aaron POV

As my heart was pounding because of feeling nervous of Angelica I let out a sigh 'chill Aaron, she has to be over it..right?' the group began walking over to the girls that were at the front of 711, John mostly running over to them instead. As we get closer and closer I could already tell that Lafayette was looking around for Eliza not wanting to miss doing small talk or most likely a long chat. My eyes glance over to John who was rushing towards Peggy ( my guess ) then finally stopped at her side. He looks down at her hands to see what she was holding was a bag of Takis, Peggy did a soft smile while holding a bottle of some sort of Soda that was lime flavored. "Here you go John.." Peggy said with a soft sigh having a weak smile going along with it, handing over Johns stuff. He smiled at the items as he holds it close "Damn! I'm so lucky to have you Peggy!" John yells out loud with looking down at the items instead of Peggy which you could obviously see her blush until it went away with the female placing her hand at her hip saying with a sassy tone "Yeah! You better feel lucky!" The two laugh it off as John opens the bag and Peggy moves onto her stuff, stuff being pink bubblegum with strawberry milk. In my opinion, it doesn't sound good but she's being herself I guess. My eyes look around, I see Lafayette and Hercules go inside 7/11 to get something for the both of them. Now it's my chance to speak with Angelica! I move over to where she was leaning against the wall, trying her best to ignore me. I payed no mind to it "Hello Angelica.." Angelica to my surprise didn't answer so snappy, instead she said softly yet quickly back "Hey Aaron.." we stood there for about five seconds before it got awkward "I wanted to say Sorry for tricking you into believing I wanted you..or even agreeing to be with you. I thought it was the right thing-" Angelica stops me and takes of her sunglasses that had a dark tone to them saying straight forward "If you couldn't tell Aaron, I've moved on. You don't need to be sorry for anything if I'm not holding A grudge..maybe you should move on too."

Now, me personally I would've saved every bit of that apology to basically prove that I was right and the person was wrong. But maybe Angelica just wanted to forget that we were a thing..and I respect that to some sort of level if she's happy then that's all that should matter. But then Angelica flat out says "But if you press my button then I'll-" but she was cutoff by Alexander stepping forward behind me, putting his hand on my shoulder "Don't worry Aaron, this girl only gets into cat fights. With guys she fights with words...either way I won't let things go far. Right Angelica?" He asked the question and I could see the serious glare, what Alexander didn't know is that I could fight my own battles. Angelica did a soft giggle and puts back on her glasses when Hercules and Lafayette step out "Alex, you do know I wouldn't actually hurt the little guy." Angelica said with a smirk as she walks over to Hercules and gives Hercules a soft kiss. Alexander nods and lets go of my shoulder and finally, I was free from this awkward interaction. Though I did notice that Lafayette was talking with Eliza her hair moving softly when a breeze hit, it was getting dark which made the aesthetic of the two better. Peggy looks over at me and Alexander with a smile "Excuse me, but are you Aaron?" My heart beats a bit and I nod "Sorry..if John told me you were coming I would've bought you something." Peggy did a soft punch on Johns shoulder when she finished the sentence. I put up my left hand and said "It's okay, I don't really car-" Alexander says something before the 'care' part got out and speaks with a dull tone yet calm "I can get something for Aaron."

I look at Alexander and sighed out of defeat knowing he wouldn't listen if I tried to argue against it. "Oh um okay..sounds like a plan." Peggy said with a soft smile still on her face with John glaring at Peggy with a childish smile. "Come on Aaron.." Alexander walks inside and I walk inside with him the place was small but it didn't really bother me. My eyes glance around as Alexander walks over to where they keep the drinks and I follow over with him. He opens one of the doors and I could feel the cold release come over, it was small but still kinda cold. Alexander turns over to me again holding his Snapple with a soft smirk "I can't wait to open this..alright, now it's your pick." Now, I rarely ever have soda and if I do it's for a random reason. I'm mostly a sparkling water fan so I reach over to where the sparkling water is but my hand was stopped by Alexander holding my hand. "Um...what's wrong?" I was completely confused of WHY I was being stopped from getting something I wanted "Aaron, when you hang out with me and the others you can't be normal. Go crazy! Pick something sweet or bitter!" Alexander was trying to make it seem exciting but to be honest it was making me more worried than anything else. But I followed his demand and looked around to where the sodas were..but one catches my eye. Cherry Soda, my hand reaches over and I got it the cold breeze hitting me once again when I opened the door, this time it was stronger. But me being weird, I enjoyed feeling cold or somewhat wet from water, Alexander does a sarcastic clap before chuckling "Aaron, can I call you something?" I glance over..oh god, another nickname. But since Lafayette told me to be nice and have some fun I nodded "Sure, just nothing odd." Alexander looks up and down then at my legs..oh Jesus fucking.. "Long legs! I'll call you that since your legs are long and you can run faster than John." My expression became disappointed before Alexander speaks once again "Now your snack..again pick anything crazy or fun. Though Hercules does get those vegetable chips.." I walk over to where the chips were and got a bag of Pickle Chips, Alexander did a surprised and confused expression. "You like pickles?" I nod quickly
"Huh, you learn something new everyday... now let's go pay for your weird stuff." Alexander and myself walk over to pay before he get his wallet and says "My treat." I did a soft smile as we both walked out after Alexander paid..now to be honest, I had no fucking clue what I picked out I cock my head to one side but shrugged it off. Alexander looked at me holding his Snapple not saying anything before sitting on the steps where both of us were on the porch of 7/11 ( yes, this 7/11 has a porch deal with it lol ) while everyone else was quiet far. Lafayette talking with Eliza and maybe throwing some jokes because I see her giggling, John and Peggy having their moment of being annoying but totally in love, and finally Angelica with Hercules talking while Angelica being snappy and Hercules being flirty. Me and Alexander were left alone not talking to one another and were just there..