Chapter 11 - Caught

Walking into the same bar you spot Harry waving you over. "Hey there,"

"Hi," you happily sit down and order a drink. "How are you?"

"I'm better now that you're here," laughing you shake your head.

"That was smooth," he gives you a cheeky grin which makes your heart melt.

~~~

Fiddling with your keys Harry continues to place kisses on your neck. Charlie and Ally said they would be gone tonight so you had the apartment to yourself. Unlocking the door you place your bag and coat to the side, turning to kiss Harry. Wrapping your arms around his neck you raise a leg as he pushes you up against a wall. Grinning into the kiss you look up into his deep brown eyes.

"First door in the hall," you mumble. He nods and continues to kiss you deeply. He pulls you by the waist and away from the wall. Tangling your hand in his hair you stop and start to unbutton his shirt.

"Eww," letting out a scream, you jump out of Harry's arms and turn to see people you didn't expect.

"What the hell are you guys doing here?!" You yell with blush creeping up. "I thought you said you would be out tonight!" Whisper shouting to Ally who grins.

"When we said tonight we meant 12, dumbass," you turn to Seb who looked a little uncomfortable and Jim who's fists were turning white. An awkward silence fills the room until Harry speaks up.

"I'm just going to go," you turn to Harry who rubs his neck in embarrassment and does up his buttons. Nodding, you walk him out.

"I'm so sorry," he shakes his head and heads out the door, you leave a little space open for you to still talk.

"It's fine, I will see you soon? Maybe let's head to my place next time," smiling he gives you one last kiss before walking away. Closing the door you turn around to see Jim standing there with a glare.

"Jesus Christ! Don't scare me like that," picking up your bag you place it on the counter. "What's got you fuming?" You grumble.

"Is that who you were with?" Quirking a brow you turn to Jim who glared holes into you.

"Why should it matter?"

"Because-" you knew what he meant, and you weren't having any of it tonight.

"Because what? I'm yours?... Your little pet?" His gaze seems to never leave yours as you continue. "This partnership is strictly business, I don't have time to play your games, Moriarty,"

"Then why are you prancing around with that idiot?"

"Because he's not the Napoleon of crime! Thank god he didn't recognise you with your douchebag sunglasses on," Jim looks taken aback before countering.

"Douchebag?- watch what you say, L/n, you know who I am,"

"And you know who I am, James," you growl. "Don't think for one second that I will listen to your jealous threats," pushing him back you storm off to your room.

"I'm not jealous!" He yells back as you slam your door.

"Sure..." Charlie mumbles to Ally.

"Sebastian, we're leaving," Seb nods and finishes his drink before heading out the door with his boss.

~~~

"The nerve!" Jim scoffs and turns his focus out the window.

"She's right though, boss," Seb says, gazing in the rear view mirror. Moriarty snaps his gaze to the man who averts his eyes.

"What did you say?" He sneers.

"Here me out, boss," Jim glares before nodding. "You haven't asked her out, you aren't dating so her hooking up with another man shouldn't matter," a long silence passes over the two until Moriarty sighs.

"I guess you're right," Jim grumbles defeat as the car stops. "Thank you, Tiger,"

"Anytime, boss,"

~~~

"So... what was that about?" Ally asks once you leave your room for a glass of water.

"What was what about?" You quirk a brow at Ally who rolls her eyes.

"That argument with Moriarty! There was so much tension and you better explain yourself right now," groaning you shake your head.

"It's nothing," you see Charlie glare with annoyed look. "Fine! Ok... me and Moriarty went on a few dates and kissed a few times... but I never dated him so he has no right to call me his!"

"But you still like him right?" Charlie grins and leans her head upside down over the back of the couch.

"No," you growl as Ally smirks.

"You do! Y/n has a crush!"

"Charlie, another word out of you I'm ripping your hair off your head," she squeaks and shields her hair from you. "Jim is a business partner, there isn't anything between us,"

"Is that because you're scared?" You scoff at Ally who quirks a brow before sighing and shrugging your shoulders.

"Ok maybe... look, Jim plays games with people to entertain himself and I have no doubt if I let my guard down he will do it to me,"

"You guys have been friends for years!" You sigh and shrug again.

"Won't stop him... I'll- I'll see you guys tomorrow," walking back to your room you shut the door and let out a shaky breath.

"Rough," Charlie mumbles to Ally who nods.

~~~

Short chapterrrrr I know and I'm sorry pls forgive me!!!

- Anna ❤️