Why?

They still stared at each other. 

"A-Adrien?" Hawk Moth said, startled by his own words. Chat Noir's eyes filled with tears, as he heard his father's evil voice soften. He was now absolutely sure it was him. It couldn't be a coincidence that Hawk Moth's wife was called Emilie and his son Adrien too.

"Son. . ." Hawk Moth said, as he slowly walked towards Chat. He wanted to grab Chat's hand, but he pulled it away and took a step back. 

"I-I'm not your son." Was all Chat could say. He blankly stared at his masked father. 

"Listen to me Adrien. . ."

"I'm not Adrien!" Chat scolded, but Hawk Moth ignored it. 

"I'm doing this for your mother. With this wish, I can bring her back. We can be a normal family again. So please, just give me your Miraculous. . . Do it for your mother." He tried to convince. The tears rolled down Chat's cheek. 

Bring back my mom? A normal family again? This sounds amazing. . . . .

No! I-I can't! 

"Every wish comes with a terrible price! Y-You can't do this!" He replied. Hawk Moth groaned. He had enough of all this fighting. He wanted the Miraculous, the easy or the hard way. And since the easy wasn't working, it was time for the hard way.

"You're my son! Obey me!" 

"No! I'm not your son! I would never want to be the son of a supervillain! You don't know me at all!" Chat screamed. The tears kept rolling down his cheek, as if there were no end to them. "How could you do this. . ." He whispered to his father, as he looked him right in his eyes. 

"I'm sorry. . ." Hawk Moth replied.

Chat's cries became louder. He had to throw it all out. He knew this wasn't the right time, but he had too many tears. He couldn't keep it in anymore. 

"Son. . ." Hawk Moth said as he slowly came closer to Chat. This time, he didn't push his father away. In fact, they hugged each other. Chat's tears dropped on Hawk Moth's shoulder as he held him tight. He was furious, yes, but he needed a hug. 

This was the last hug he would ever give his father. 

"Why am I not enough for you? Why do you have to do this?" Chat sobbed, as his hands dropped down, pointing at the floor. Hawk Moth sighed and held his son's hands.

"That's not what this is about Adrien, it's about the loss of your mother. We need her." 

"No, you need her. Yes, of course I miss her and I would love to have her back, but it's not like I'm not myself anymore. A part of me is missing, yes, but that doesn't make me want to destroy Paris. I just don't understand. . ."

Suddenly, during their talk, Chat felt something happening to his finger. 

What's he doing?!

Hawk Moth was trying to get Chat's ring during their one talk about their feelings. Chat backed away from Hawk Moth, saving his miraculous just in time. He pushed his father away.

"How could you do that! We were having a freaking conversation and all you can think about is that stupid Miraculous! I already figured out that you're a terrible father, but you're really the WORST!" Chat screamed as he grabbed his baton from the floor, ready to attack Hawk Moth again. 

"Hand me your Miraculous son! Don't you want to save your mother?" 

"Of course I do! But not like this!" 

"You should be ashamed of yourself, letting your mother down like that. You're an Agreste, you should never disappoint your family!" Hawk Moth said angrily. Chat groaned. 

"Me? A disappointment? So be it! I've tried everything to please you, but nothing does! If anyone is the disappointment of this family, it's you!" Chat screamed. He gasped. 

Did I really just say that? Not that it's not true, but I can't say that to him. He's still my father after all. . .
Why is he. . . ?

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this hectic new part, (it really shows my hatred towards Gabriel, doesn't it?🤪) Also, thanks so much for voting! I really appreciate it ♡

XX N