The Wall Between Us

Misterbug walked through the door of his room. He saw Marinette still sitting on the white couch. She was staring at the Miraculous' on the table.

"Hey I'm back! Are you feeling a bit better M'l- eh Purr-inces?" He asked as he walked over to her. She laughed and stood up.

"You're even making cat puns when you're not Chat Noir. How surprising." She said with a teasing look. "Yes, I am feeling better." She finished. Misterbug rubbed his neck and blushed a little.

"So, eh, where do I start expl. . ." He got interrupted by Marinette. She threw her arms around him and hugged him tight. He blushed again.

"Wohow, what's this for?" He asked, with a surprised tone, as he hugged her back. Marinette let go of him. He could see her blush coming up as she was about to explain the hug.

"Well eh. . . You-You saved Paris on all on your own, without Ladybug. So I guess that was just my thank you or something, what you did is purr-etty impressive." She explained, making Misterbug laugh.

"Thank you." He said. They glanced at each other for a good minute, until Misterbug knew he had to say something.

"So eh, here's the story. . ." He started, explaining Marinette the story, leaving the part out where he saved her, and figured out her identity.

Marinette was really confused.

When he was done explaining, Marinette sighed.

"B-But how did I get here? And eh, how are you going to give Ladybug her earrings back? I mean, you don't know who she is, right?"

"Well," He thought, not really knowing what to say.

Okay, what is the best way to do this. It's going to be way too complicated if I try not to reveal any secret identities so, I guess like this. . .

"I guess I should just give this back to the owner right now. That's the most important." He said, as he unclipped the earrings.

"What! No! Are you crazy! Don't do this right in front of me!" Marinette yelled as she put her hands in front of her eyes so she wouldn't see him detransform.

"Come on M'lady, don't you want your earrings back?" Adrien said, with a grin on his face, that Marinette couldn't see.

"M-M'lady? But how- Why- What?!" She stuttered, with her hands still covering her eyes.

"Come on, what's the point of hiding Marinette. Hawk Moth's gone, there's no dangerous reason not to know."

"Aren't you disappointed it's me?" She asked, with a vulnerable voice.

"What? No! Of course not! Why would I be?"

"Because I'm just a clumsy bakery girl. My civilian self is nothing special. . ."

"What are you talking about?! You're an amazing girl Marinette! You're beautiful, strong, and you're always there to help others, and I'm talking about your normal side, not Ladybug. Besides your clumsiness is kinda cute." Adrien said as he softly smiled, blushing a little bit. But Marinette still couldn't see. Adrien needed to get those hands off her face.

"If you don't look I'm going to throw your earrings out the window." Adrien threatened, just to get her hands off her face.

"No! I am not looking. And you are also not throwing my earrings out of the window."

"Well, too bad, I'm already at the window. Three, two, one. . ." His voice sounded from far away. Marinette knew he was actually standing at the window, and she couldn't risk it. He was still Chat Noir after all, and bad jokes were in his blood.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑨𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒆 𝑵𝒂𝒎𝒆 - 𝐴 𝑀𝑖𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑢𝑙𝑜𝑢𝑠 𝑆ℎ𝑜𝑟𝑡 𝑆𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 🎉