17. His Panic

Taehyung was at work and was having a bad day. He accidentally gave one of the customers the wrong order. Then he nearly drops tons of plates on the floor. His manager had calmly scolded him. But since Taehyung is usually a good worker, his manager figured that Taehyung wasn't feeling his best today. So he got a longer break at least.

"Hey Tae" Jimin said sitting next to his best friend on a bench outside near the diner "Whats up with you today?"

"I don't know Chim Chim..."

"Does this have something to do with Yoongi hyung? did you guys...get into a fight?"

Taehyung shakes his head "No... we've been perfect. But i'm afraid that soon our peaceful ocean is going to turn into a sea storm"

"Oh lord, tell what happened. You know you can always tell me" Jimin pats Taehyung's back

"Well remember that long haired pale kid I use to tell you about back when I was in elementary school? The one I would always see bloodied up because the other students would beat him?"

"Shit... yeah I remember. You even cried over that poor kid. What does this have to do with Yoongi thoug— oh shit! that kid was Yoongi?!"

Taehyung nodded his head and had a painful expression on his face. For years Taehyung always felt bad for not standing up for that small kid. He never officially knew Yoongi back then, never talked to him. But one day after school, he had seen Yoongi getting beat up badly by the older kids. It haunted him for weeks when he was younger.

"Well... does Yoongi hate you or something? It's not like you bullied him" Jimin looked at Taehyung sadly he continued to pat his friends back

"No, he doesn't. But Yoongi is very traumatized by his bullied days. Even more so because he's never had friends before us. He was always use to being alone. And like, I just feel that...he might hate me for being that type of person that just stood and watched.... ya know?"

"yeah but Tae, you were so so young back then. Most little kids don't know what to do in dire situations. I'm sure you probably didn't even know how to stand up for yourself. I don't think he'll hold that against you. It's not like something like this happened to Yoongi now and you did nothing about it"

Taehyung felt a tear "Yes I know. But if you saw what I saw that day... you would've thought he was going to be dead. They beat him up so roughly..."

Taehyung just hugs Jimin and cries into his shoulder. For the rest of the break, Jimin just comforts his best friend the best he could.