Chapter 10: War of the Worlds: Angel vs Abaddon

Rey, "If he's anything like you, I don't want to meet him. I hate him."

Angel, "How can you hate someone you haven't met?"

Rey, "He has terrible beliefs and morals."

Angel, "Are they terrible because they go against what you believe? Or because it is different?"

Rey, "Everyone like him should die."

Angel, "As might have figured out, I'm from the Upper Class in Coruscant. I got pretty far here because of my name,"

Rey, "Angel?"

Angel, "Skywalker. You see, my disguise name being Abaddon does indeed frighten many people in general, but there are a few who know who I really am because I've known them for a while, since I was little. So, should everyone I know die?"

Rey, "Well when you put it like that, no."

Angel, "You see the guy in the white suit with a lapel rolling dice?"

Rey, "Yeah."

Angel, "That's El Torro."

Rey, "Fantastic," she says sarcastically

Angel and Rey walk up to him from the side. His Mistress notices they are here for him and taps him on the shoulder. El Torro says, "Not now honey, I'm on a roll." As he throws his dice, Angel moves his left hand slightly, and as the dice looks like it is going to lose him everything, the dice roll one more time, and lands on 7 and wins El Torro a lot. Screams erupt around the table. "A new record," some strange looking creature says. El Torro starts celebrating, throwing his arms in the air, and hugging and kissing his mistress. He looks up, and sees Angel waiting.

Mistress, "These people have been standing here waiting to talk to you."

El Torro, "Ah yes, I knew that roll was too good to be true. What brings you all the way to Canto Bight, Ang.... I mean Abaddon." El Torro laughs and drinks a glass of white wine. "And whose this fine young women. You've out done yourself this time."

Angel, "This is Princess Reyanna Palpatine." Rey looks at him funny.

El Torro, "Ah yes, I've heard many stories about her. She's more beautiful in person. Stunning really." Rey notices the ring he is wearing and asks,

Rey, "I love your ring. Where did you get it?"

El Torro, "Oh this? It's next year's Championship Ring. Even has the team logo on it."

Rey, "I'm sorry, what?"

Angel, "She wouldn't understand."

Rey, "Whose Championship Ring? And how do you know they are going to win?"

El Torro, "Oh, it's predetermined at the beginning of the season. Riot FC was chosen to win the Coruscantian Premiere League next year. I was fascinated when the vote went through. They're my childhood team."

Rey, "Sports are rigged? What if they don't win?"

El Torro, "You're silly, I like you. You see, how it works is; the final is picked at the beginning of the season. Next year will be Riot FC vs Order 66 FC (Angel, aw), Riot FC will struggle throughout the season, look nothing like Championship Bowl contenders, O66 FC will look like they're running away with it all season, and then when the play offs come around, Riot FC will look to hit great form, O66 FC will struggle somewhat, but make it nonetheless."

Rey, "What if teams don't follow this script?"

El Torro, "There's a way to ensure that it does. You either pay the teams defense to suck, or offense, vice versa or the entire team. It works more effectively if you don't tell the winning team what's going on. Makes for a more exciting contest. That's why the winners always think it's funny when people say they cheated, or that it was rigged. The losing team can't say anything, because not only will they lose that money, but be labeled as sore losers." El Torro laughs. "That's how we get away with it. Lots of people in the galaxy are brain dead and won't notice. Those who are smart enough, get labeled as crazy, or are just mad their team sucks. In most cases it's true." El Torro continues to laugh.