Chapter 9: The Truth of Canto Bight

Poe goes up to Admiral Holdo, and says, "So if this fails, what's our back up plan." Holdo looks disgusted and says, "Look, this plan isn't full proof."

Poe, "But Gen. Skywalker came up with it."

Holdo, "In my experiences, he has great ideas, but they often backfire. He doesn't always see things through. Don't even get me started on his reckless son."

Poe, "Don't you have hope in plan though? I mean, Angel seemed pretty confident."

Holdo, "Oh yeah, then where is he?" Poe looks around and notices Angel isn't in the bridge.

Poe, "I'm sure making himself useful. The odds..."

Holdo, "You have bet the survival of the Resistance on bad odds and put us all at risk!"

Poe, "A girl who barely knows anything about the Force, a stormtrooper we know nothing about, an ace pilot, who yes, sometimes places different priorities of a battle over the wishes of his commanding officers, and, this female mechanic who has probably never been off the Raddus before. If these heroes aren't already bad odds, then I don't know what is. I hate Angel's guts more than anyone for what he did. But you know what, if Luke is willing to see him differently now, than so will I. And yes, it will take time for me, but Luke's trust should be a clue as to who Angel is! If you can't see that, then you're no commanding officer of mine."

Holdo, "I admire your honesty, and I should have you stripped of your rank," Holdo looks over at Luke sitting idle in a corner covered in his robes and blankets, with a blank but sad look on his face, "but that's not my decision alone. And until he's ok, I have to lead The Resistance, so promise me that your band of troublemakers won't fail."

Poe, "I promise."

Holdo, "A bold move to make, considering they aren't here." Poe looks around nervously.

{Meanwhile}

Angel heads to his quarters to get ready and dressed up to go to Canto Bight. He decides to go with a blue and gold attire, from head to toe. He sticks with a lighter blue-collar shirt, golden buttons, short sleeves, and has tiny golden sparkle stripes going down his shirt. On the back, is the head of a lion, woven into the shirt, decked in gold. His pants are basic blue and gold pants, and gold socks and golden colored dress up shoes. He looks at his lightsabers and laughs as he leaves them on his bed. An ordinary gesture that could prove to be fatal. He heads to the hangar, and hopes in his A-Wing, just in case he needs it later as opposed to a luxury transport.

{Meanwhile on Canto Bight}

Rey points to the tall grass, and says, "Lets land over there, so no one spots us." As they land two figures watch from the shadow, on the balcony at the edge of the city. They get off the ship and look for signs that could help lead them to the casino. The figures take notice. They make a call, as Rey, Finn, and Rose head to the Casino, where they assume "El Torro" will be. While on their where to the Casino, Rose and Finn see racing animals, and child slaves being abused. Rose begins,

"I hate what the elite does. They are some of the cruelest people in the Galaxy. They just abuse those who can't even defend themselves. Without the Republic and it's laws, I see they resorted to do what they wanted, and reinstated child labor laws."

Rey, "There were laws that prevented this?"

Finn, "How do you know they weren't already doing this before?"

Rose, "Tough to say, but yes, laws clearly stated no child of any race shall work under the age of 16. Since Humans are good workers, they are often desired slaves, for their cheap labor costs."