04 | A Career in Escortions

so I opened my drafts to write this part and I realized...I'm fucking done putting this off. its time to write my story, mehn***

 its time to write my story, mehn***

It was the look on Kiki's face

It was the look on Kiki's face. That one that screamed 'jackpot!' and belied tales of cunningness that only a fool would fall for.

I definitely was not a fool.

Kiki, true to her word, had tried as much as she could to make mine and Nessie's stay here as comfortable as she could. It was the third day already and I had finally womaned-up to the fact that I had to get back home to see if there was anything worth salvaging in our room before the stupid real estate agent locked them all up.

It was still an effort to not think about my lost money at intervals, so I busied my mind with tying loose ends when I finally dredge up the strength to leave Kiki's house and continue the hustle. I pretended like there was anything left I could do. Various mails from Nessie's school lay unopened in my email and just yesterday, the bank notified too. I was now owing them money for my card and notification charges.

I had a whooping sum of eight thousand naira cash at hand. After this, there was nothing else. I had to get moving.

Nessie, like I had always drilled into her head, had packed some stuff and all her school materials -which were shamefully, not much at all- when she went to seek out Kiki. Kiki was really our only emergency plan, so Nessie was well equipped.

Kiki had been sharing her clothes with me, so I have been looking more decent and upperclass-y, even as the leggings I wore currently stretched to its last point about my hips and the tube top was very tight and therefore, went higher on my chest. The hoodie I had on was the only non-revealing clothing Kiki had for me.

I could wear her sacks and they would still be better than anything I had back home.

It was obvious that Nessie seemed uncomfortable whenever I mentioned moving on. I couldn't totally bring myself to want to go either.

But if there was to be any hope for us, I had to move ass back to base. Pronto.

Nessie, currently, was lying face down on the floor in front of the large plasma television set that was set to some discovery channel, though she wasn't paying attention to it. She was doing homework.