Tamed Flames and Wildfires

Fandom: Star Wars

Pairing: Reader x Armitage Hux

Warnings: smutty smut, angst, mistakes are made 18+

A/N:  I had been discussing the concept of an "exes to lovers" trope with some sweet anons on my blog like months ago so this is the result :))

Summary: You and Hux went to the Imperial Academy together, briefly dated before his father caught on and took him away. Now years later you get transferred to Starkiller base which Armitage Hux happens to be stationed on. He isn't fond of his past weaknesses or anything that makes him seem human, Kylo wants to be a dick about it, Matt the radar technician makes an appearance... it's messy. Pining in silence, deception and good gooey plot hmhmhmmm.

Word Count: 8.2k

Young love was the purest form of the emotion. The best flavour of all the kinds of love that exist in the universe. Young love was like if love came in flavours at the ice cream store, it was like the one with the most sugar, pieces of bubble gum mixed into the brightest colours that dyed your mouth long after you tasted it. It would change the way you perceived love forever, from the usual chocolate or vanilla to something so otherworldly. But with things like that you grow out of it, there comes a day where it is no longer acceptable to order the pink and blue bubblegum, time to go back to the safe tame flavours or none at all, which was what Armitage preferred nowadays.

You and Armitage had been in the Imperial Academy since children, both had parents in the Empire turned First Order, working to make the order rise up and gain power. You were the same age, same knowledge and level of intelligence as Armitage. There was no one else in the academy he deemed worthy of his time, everyone else was a wasted distraction, but you, he couldn't stop looking at you, in the halls, during lunch, during class; as much as he tried not to.

The friendship blossomed quickly, and as you reached your teens and the other students in the academy began secretly dating, sharing experiences and messing around, you found yourself getting closer to Armitage. Titles became official and before you knew it all of your time was spent with him, your very first boyfriend. An entire month of sitting in the library, studying and working with him sat so close beside you that the legs of your chairs overlapped each other.

But that's about as far as it went. The first time he tried to kiss you was outside the Imperial Academy grounds, by the training yard. His father managed to catch you before Armitage could kiss you, dragging him away and yelling at him to never speak to you again. You still felt the gentle caress of his hand on your cheek, the feeling of his soft breath hitting your lips, so close.

You didn't see Armitage at all for almost a week after that and when you did, he pretended you did not exist. It was cold, and it hurt but you didn't bother him, you didn't want to get him into trouble. You rubbed a hand over your cheek subconsciously as you noticed the hint of a bruise that stained his pale skin, you felt so guilty. Once he was taken out of the Academy by his father, you still never stopped thinking about him, hoping he was doing okay.

But that was all in the past, it had been years since you had seen him. You heard he had been made General and that his father was dead but not much other than that. You had worked on smaller ships, with smaller crews. Having top grades got you far in the First Order, being smart, but you needed to also have confidence and leadership qualities that you just could not bring yourself to possess, you were smart, yes but weak-minded, easily intimidated and you worked better at strategizing and planning, telling names on papers what to do rather than rallying forces of stormtroopers to war.

Your rise to the higher ranks of the First Order came slow but eventually, you were promoted, moving onto Starkiller base to be the head of strategic planning. It meant you did all the research so all the stormtroopers would be prepared fo planet climates, against the wildlife, making sure you landed in advantage spots to give them the best chance, understand the existing politics on new planets as the first order took them over.