Sixteen

Demi

"Max?" I called from where I stood in front of the mirror, my eyes staring down at my stomach where my hand lay. "Max? Babe?" it was a moment later that I heard footsteps and just a moment after that Max appeared in the doorway of the master bedroom, a little out of breath. "Did you run?" I lightly giggled as I turned to face him.

"You scream my name like that and I assume you're in pain" I rolled my eyes but reached out for his hand.

"I'm not in pain, I promise" I tugged him towards me and once he was close enough, I wrapped my hand around his wrist and placed his hand onto my bare stomach. "My stomachs hard. Can you feel it?" I pressed his fingers lightly into my tummy, keeping my eyes on his face as his eyes travelled down to my stomach.

"Yeah, I feel it" a smile formed on his face. "When do you think you'll start to show?" I shrugged as his eyes looked back up to lock with mine, his hand still on my tummy.

"I have an app on my phone and it says around week 10 your body starts to change, so anytime from now."

"I can't wait to watch you grow. That's our baby in there" I furrowed my eyebrows slightly as he sunk to his knees but the smile on my face widened and tears welled in my eyes as he leant to press a kiss to my belly. "Hi, Baby" my heart burst. "It's daddy" he lightly caressed my stomach as he gently spoke to it. "I can't wait to meet you" I sniffled which caught Max's attention and he looked up in time to see me wiping at my cheeks. "Dems?" I gave him a smile and shook my head as I ran my fingers into his hair.

"Ignore me. Carry on" he chuckled lightly.

"You are loved so much already, Peanut."

"Peanut?" he chuckled as he glanced back up at me.

"They kind of looked like a little peanut on the ultrasound" I rolled my eyes and chuckled but nodded in agreement.

"I suppose they did" he smiled widely up at me. "We aren't naming our baby peanut though" he shook his head and continued to chuckle as he pressed another kiss to my belly.

"Their nickname is going to be peanut though."

"Peanut is a cute nickname" Max pushed himself to stand and I locked my arms around his neck, smiling up at him as he held me gently by the waist. I ran my fingers gently through his hair as I leant up on my tiptoes to press a kiss to his smiling mouth, his hands dipping into the arch in my lower back. I found myself deepening the kiss, tugging at his hair which I sometimes use as a sign for him to take it further. My stomach clenched in desperation, my entire body tingling with want. I bit down on his lower lip and tugged on it lightly and only released it when I couldn't pull it any further. Max's hands cupped at my ass and I squealed into our desperate and heated kiss as he gave it a tight squeeze. "I need you" I ran my hands down his chest and began to tug at his shirt. The sound of Max's phone cut into our make out session.

"Sorry, Baby" I rolled my eyes and groaned as he detached our lips and pulled his phone from his pocket. "It's my mom" I gave him a smile as he answered the call, leaning to press a kiss to my temple. "Hi, Mom" he wrapped his arm around my neck and held me against his side. "Awesome. I can't wait to see you" my stomach instantly began to fill with butterflies. "She can't wait to meet you either" I glanced up to meet Max's gaze, a nervous smile forming on my face which he lightly kissed away. "Okay, we'll see you in half an hour" I suddenly felt nauseous. "Love you too, Mom" I pushed myself away from him and began towards the en-suite bathroom, my hand moving to settle on my stomach. I released a breath and leant back against the wall as I tried to push away the nausea. "You okay, Babe?" I nodded, swallowing over the lump.

"Yeah, just suddenly felt a little sick" Max stepped towards me, leaning to press a kiss to my temple.

"My parents already love you, if that's what this is about?" I chewed down on my lower lip as I stared off at the wall. "You don't need to be worried about anything, Dems" I turned my attention back to Max as I sighed.

"They may love me as your girlfriend, but will they love me as their grandchild's mom?" Max sighed and leant to press his lips to my forehead. "Even if we break up, we're still going to be in each other's lives because of this baby. They're always going to have me around."

"Are you planning on breaking up with me?"

"No" I rapidly shook my head, answering the question as soon as he asked it. I don't want him to think that I ever think of breaking up with him because I don't. I'd love to spend the rest of my life with him.

"Then we don't have anything to worry about, do we?"

"They could still hate me."

"They aren't going to hate you, Baby" I released a sigh as I snuggled myself into him. "You still feeling nauseous?"

"A little bit" he pressed a kiss to the top of my head, his fingers running through my hair as I closed my eyes, just taking in the gentle thumping of his heart as I tried so hard to push away the nausea.

——