Thirty Two

Max

As much as I try, there's no way I can stay mad at Demi. It's just physically impossible. It took everything I had to not just storm back into the room and take her into my arms, but I knew that we both needed to calm down. We both need time away from each other right now. I watched as she shoved the pasta around the bowl with her fork, my mind instantly filling with worry.

"You going to eat that?" the shake of her head was subtle; it was almost unnoticeable. I wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't staring at her so intently. "Demi, you okay?" I watched as she pushed herself away from the counter and began from the room. I dropped my fork into my bowl and followed behind her, my heart breaking as I listened to her sob through her heaving. "Baby?" I ran my hand along her back, my touch only seemed to make her cry harder.

"I'm sorry" I shook my head and dropped down onto the floor beside her, taking her into my embrace.

"No, I'm sorry" I pressed a kiss to the top of her head and ran my fingers through her hair as she sobbed against me. "I took it too far. I made it a far bigger deal than it needed to be" she pulled herself from me and sniffled.

"I still shouldn't have kept it from you" I stroked a strand of hair behind her ear as she wiped at her cheeks.

"No, you shouldn't have" Demi glanced down at her hands as she twiddled with her fingers. I lightly cupped at her chin and lifted her head to look at me, her eyes locking instantly with mine. "Let's just forget about it, okay? Just don't keep anything like that from me again. If you get another message from them, tell me straight away, okay?" she nodded, her lips ever so slightly tugging at the corners.

"I promise, and I swear that I don't know who it is."

"I know, Baby" I leant to press a peck to her lips but she pulled away before our lips could touch.

"No, I taste like vomit" I chuckled lightly, keeping my hands settled on her waist as she stood up from the floor. I kept my hand settled on her waist as she brushed her teeth and rinsed out her mouth. I caught her before she walked from the bathroom causing her to giggle as I brought her lips back to meet mine.

-

"I can't wait to set all of this up" Demi smiled as she stood in the spare bedroom that will soon be peanuts nursery. We plan to have the baby sleep in our room for the first couple months but we want their nursery to be all ready for their arrival. Demi wants everything to be perfect.

"You aren't doing anything" she rolled her eyes as she glanced back at me as I lowered the flatpack package down onto the floor. "You're already carrying enough" she began towards me and circled her arms around my waist, my lips pressing a delicate kiss to the top of her head.

"We're still going with white and grey?"

"If you haven't changed your mind, again?" Demi rolled her eyes as I chuckled.

"I haven't changed my mind" I pressed a kiss to her temple as she pulled herself away from my side. "I just can't wait for everything to be ready for her" I chuckled at the use of 'her' causing Demi to lightly giggle. It's only every so often that Demi refers to baby as a girl otherwise it's just peanut. "And I still think peanuts a girl" I continued to chuckle as I took Demi's hands in mine and turned her to face me.

"Momma knows best, right?" she nodded, chewing down on her lower lip as she continued to giggle.

"Momma knows best" I rolled my eyes and leant to brush my lips with hers, smiling as she giggled into the kiss.

-

"I have an interview with Ellen next week, you free to come because she really wants to meet you?" Demi's fingers ran through my hair as my head lay on her chest, my fingertips tracing patterns on her bump while the tv played quietly. Ella and Batman were curled up together in the corner on their brand-new beds.

"Next Thursday, right?"

"Yeah, Max is picking me up around 9."

"I'll come. Are you excited to finally announce your new single?" Demi's mouth instantly tugged into her signature smile, the smile that first captured my heart.

"So excited. My fans are going to go crazy."

"I'm so proud of you. Your honesty is incredible" I glanced up at her with a smile, her fingers still running through my hair. "I'm so glad I know you. I'm so glad I get to love you. I'm so glad that you're the mother of my baby" I watched as Demi's eyes began to fill with tears.

"You kind of knocked me up so you don't really have much of a choice" I rolled my eyes and chuckled as she giggled through her tears, the sound music to my ears.

"I'm so insanely proud of you."

"I haven't done anything but thanks."

"You're telling your story. You're telling everyone in music and in your YouTube documentary, about the last couple years and I can't imagine how hard that must be for you" she shrugged and gave me a small smile.

"I was screwed over, I'm pissed" I groaned and shook my head as she giggled.

"I'm trying to be serious here, Demi."

"Oh, I know. I just don't do serious" I lightly chuckled.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Maximus" I rolled my eyes and shook my head as Demi burst into another fit of giggles.

👤 : ddlovatoLiked by rhondaehrich and 916,973 othersmaxehrich our little peanut👶🏻😍📸: @angelokritikosView all 816 commentsddlovato my entire heart💓sirahsays literally the cutest fucking family already😩😍

👤 : ddlovato
Liked by rhondaehrich and 916,973 others
maxehrich our little peanut👶🏻😍
📸: @angelokritikos
View all 816 comments
ddlovato my entire heart💓
sirahsays literally the cutest fucking family already😩😍

——