tw....se...

calum and i went to the park together that afternoon. we both decided we needed to get out more.

it was so strange, the feelings calum and i had for each other weren't platonic, we both knew that, yet we didn't do anything about that. michael thought we should be together, but i still loved michael, and calum knew that.

we were sat on the grass in the middle of central park. calum pulled out a pack of cigarettes. i shook my head at him, i looked around at the moms with strollers and older sisters with their younger siblings. he bit his lip and handed it to me.

"i'm trying to quit, i really am, willow," he sighed.

"i know," i muttered.

"do you really love michael?" calum looked me in the eyes.

"i wish i didn't as much as you wish i didn't," i pouted.

"i understand, wils," calum laughed.

we looked sadly at each other. it may seem impossible, to love someone you don't want to, but i don't think it's possible to understand until someone experiences it firsthand. every time i wanted to just forget it, there was this nagging in my heart, and i just couldn't.

"it's just hard willow, i think i'm falling in love with you," calum sighed.

"you don't even know me," i scoffed.

"i know enough to fall in love."