Chapter I

Miss-Chief's P.O.V

"Run away!"

"Mikey! No! I won't leave you!"

"Penelope! Go! Now!"

"Please! Come on! Jump! You can make it!"

"I love you Penelope! Please, save yourself! I'll hold them back!"

I woke screaming his name. Dry sobs shuddering through my chest. My shoulders shook as what little tears I had left rolled down my cheeks. That was the last time I saw him. Six months ago.

A lot has changed since Better living took over. I remember Penelope. I remember her smile. I remember how up beat she used to be. I remember how happy she was. I remember how she was an outcast but had her four main friends. Gerard, Ray, Frank, and Mikey...

After the attack that all changed. I was over at the Ways house, Mikey and Gerard's place, and we were all lounging about. Playing video games, watching cheesy horror movies, eventually we got to band practice cause Ray and Frank came over.

I was listening to their cover of; 'We Will Rock You'-Queen. That's when it happened, or at least when we finally noticed from the basement.

The fire consumed the house. Mrs. Way having a gas stove made it worse. That was the first explosion we heard, but not the last. Stopping everything we all ran upstairs.

Gerard burned his hand opening the door, due to the fact there was a metal knob. Eventually we got it opened.

Under the dim moonlight that shown through the only window I found my fingers tracing a scar I had gained that unfateful night. The white line traveled from the left side of my neck down the the crook between my collar bones.

We all got separated quickly through the smoke. I was outside when the second floor collapsed. A piece of ply wood was launched. I screamed out as it cut against my skin.

Mikey was up in what was left of the second floor. I begged him to jump and come with me. There was no sign of the others.

That's when a bag was thrown over my head and I don't remember anything else.

My memory starts up again to another explosion. I didn't recognize my surroundings I was scared. I was alone. I ran.

Since then Penelope has died. I go by Miss-Chief now. A name so graciously given to me by the news after I killed my first Drac. At first I was rather annoyed with the name, but I've grown to love my new name.

Checking my watch a small sadistic grin curls it's way to my pale lips. Time to blow more shit up.

Demolition has become a specialty of mine. The first one was an accident. The next few dozen? Recklessly on purpose.

With a heavy sigh I stood up from my pile of blankets I use for a bed. I twisted and turned earning some much wanted pops from my back and neck.

I swing on my leather, fake of course. I'd never wear real leather in the heat. The jackets not even mine actually. It was Mikey's it's the only thing I was able to save. A few days after the fire I had found my way back to Gerard and Mikey's house. It was the only thing I found. I've kept it with me ever since.

I guess I hope. I hope I'll see them again.

But.

Everyone here in the zones know to never keep your hopes up.