•Chapter 2•

I woke up to the sound of my mom raking the leaves up outside my window. Ah the joys of having a fall break. No tests, homework, or annoying girls and their drama.

I quickly checked my phone, no messages. Guess who is not the most popular guy in the school, this guy.

I put on my black work pants and collared tee shirt, then went to go start my red 2000 Honda Accord. Yes I know it's old, but it has some value to it. Plus my parents won't let me buy a new one till this one breaks down.

This day was no different at work except that at 12:35 I get off work early and I was planning on surprising Kiera by bringing her lunch.

I parked my car and walked into my work. It's one of the biggest coffee franchises ever. You guessed it, Starbucks. I've been working here since my freshman year. I pulled the green apron over my head and started to prepare for the flood of customers.

"What would you like sir?" I asked the first customer in line.

"Can I get one tall salted caramel mocha? Oh, hey. I didn't know you worked here Tanner." I could recognize that snarl anywhere. It was Chris, Kiera's current boyfriend.

I didn't bother replying to him. I turned around and started blending his drink.

"So what are you doing for thanksgiving?" He questioned me. I topped his drink off with a caramel drizzle.

"Probably working.." I honestly answered him.

"Thanks for the drink by the way!" He grabbed it from my hand and left, returning to his new shiny vehicle.

The rest of the day went by pretty fast. I served about 15 people till my fellow co-workers came to take my place.

With little delay, I made Kiera her favourite drink, a hazelnut frappacino. I also paid for 2 pumpkin scones. It's a lot easier to treat yourself to Starbucks when you work there. Discounts and coupons do come in handy.

I parked my car in the cafés parking lot and walked in with the food. Kiera loved this place, in fact her parents owned this cafe ever since she was young. I spent a fair amount of time here too. From time to time I help out serving tables if they're low on staff.

I searched around the room for Kiera. I saw two people having lunch in the corner. Let me guess. Chris is already having lunch with her.

Should I go over there? No, definitely not. I am not making a fool of myself.

--

She was the apple of his eye and he liked to sit down be cider.