Five: I thought that I'd been hurt before.

Author's Note: Every fifth chapter will be a point of view chapter. All titles will be song lyrics. This chapter's is from Stitches by Shawn Mendes. 

Sam's POV

Pizza night

I see Colby smile from across the room as he talks with Jake and Tara with Brennen by his side. A tap on my shoulder distracts me from my thoughts. 

"You alright?" Kat asks. 

I nod but continue to stare at Colby.

"You and Colby will work this out and get back together. He still loves you," she says. 

"I'm not so sure," I say, jerking my head in Colby's direction where he is laughing and hugging Brennen. 

"That doesn't mean they're together. They could just be friends," she says. 

"Like we're just friends you mean?" 

I sigh and walk to the kitchen to get some pizza. 

"Hey Sam," Colby says from behind me, going to grab a slice of pizza then leaning against the counter to look at me. 

"Hi, Colby. Shouldn't you be getting back to Brennen?"

"I want to talk to you," he says. 

"I don't want your pity," I counter. 

"What? Sam- that's not it," he says. 

I walk away to sit down on the couch next to Kat. 

Colby's POV

I sigh, watching Sam walking away. Brennen comes to stand next to me. 

"You okay Colbs?"

"I think Sam's mad at me because I said I needed a break," I say.  I set my plate down, not wanting to eat anymore. 

"I'm sure he's just hurting," he says. 

"I think I'm going to head out, I'll see you later," I say. 

I grab my phone and keys then head back to my apartment. I just can't stand the crowd and noise right now, not if Sam is mad at me. I'd hoped we'd still be friends for now but I guess that's not possible. 

I get back to my quiet apartment, thankful for some peace. I lock the door behind me and head to my room. I pull out my phone and open Instagram. That's when I realize: Sam isn't following me anymore. My eyes fill with tears as I think: I guess he doesn't want to be friends anymore. 

I decide to text him, even though he's still at pizza night. 

C: why did you stop following me on Instagram? read at 10 pm

C: Sam? read at 10:45 pm

C: fine.