10: I wonder if I ever cross your mind. For me, it happens all the time.

A/N: Need you Now by Lady Antebellum

Colby's POV

C: Fine, be that way. 

The Next day

S: How do you expect me to be Colby?! You've already moved on.

C: No, I haven't. 

S: Sure, explain Brennen then.

C: We're just friends. He's been helping me through this. Like you were supposed to. 

S: What's that supposed to mean?!

C: It means you've been too busy pushing me away to see that I'm still not completely okay. 

S: Not like you've been telling me anything. 

C: This was a mistake. Bye.

I lock my phone, wishing, not for the first time that Sam was here with me. I decide to go for a drive. I grab my keys and head out of my apartment. To my displeasure, Sam is standing in the hallway, clearly thinking of doing something similar. 

"Colby, I-"

"Save it, I don't want to hear it," I say. 

I start to walk away before I hear him say, "Please don't walk away..."

"Why do you care all of a sudden?! You haven't been talking to me. All I have is your cryptic posts. It's not enough Sam! I'm struggling still and it's like you don't care or want to help! At least Brennen tries to help!" 

I storm away from him and drive to Brennen's.

I knock on his door and he immediately knows something is wrong and pulls me into a hug, shutting the door behind us. 

When I am calm enough to talk, he asks, "What happened?" 

"I tried to talk to Sam and we fought..." 

"You still love him don't you?"

"I-"

"It's okay, you can tell me," he says. 

"Yeah, I do. But it hurts that he said he would be here for me but he's not..." I say. 

"Maybe he's just hurting and doesn't want to show it," Brennen says. 

"Maybe. But why wouldn't he just say that?" 

 "Hmm... I don't know. Maybe he wants to be more than friends?"

"Maybe, I guess..." 

"Let's go do something, take your mind off things."

I nod and he grabs his keys.