Alcohol Psychosis?

Alcohol Psychosis?

            “You're drunk, Lexy.”

            That was the usual dialogue my friend used to say whenever I told them I saw something  unusual.

            The first time I saw 'paranormals' happened after a party. I'm kinda sort of party animal during semestral break. I usually missed the desired sleep hour just to have a taste of those bittersweet liquor, damaging my lungs with cigarette, I don't care about having respiratory and liver problems.

            The party usually lasted until one to two o'clock in the morning when most of my friends had already passed out. They used to stay overnight but for me, I must go home since my parents don’t know my night-escaping stuff. Feeling dizzy and having an unstable gait, I walked to the dimmed street going to our house with my friend, Jermi. The whole neighborhood was covered in dark except for an old two-story wooden house. The light bulb on its balcony was switched on giving a yellow luminosity over the area. I saw a girl with long straight hair, on her back on me, sitting and I guess, reading since her head was bowed down a little.

            “Woah! Studying 'til dawn,” I said as I gazed to the girl.

            “What are you talking about?,” There was a trace of slur in Jermi's voice, a proof of her being intoxicated with alcohol.

            “That girl,” I said with my index finger pointing at the balcony.

            Jermi frowned, “I don't see anyone there.”

            My brows furrowed as I look at her, “You don't see that girl with long hair sitting and reading something?.”

            Jermi gave a slight deriding laugh, “You're really drunk.”

            From her, I diverted again my sight at the balcony and contrary to what she had said, the girl was still there, fixed in her position.

            “No, I'm just tipsy, not totally drunk. There's a girl in there!,” I insisted but Jermi just gave another laugh and continued her walk, “Come on, Lexy!.”  Before heading to her, I again looked up at the balcony and to my surprise, the girl wasn’t there anymore. I chuckled as shiver ran down my spine. Embracing myself, I hurriedly walk towards my friend and never turn my back again at the old house.

            I'd never had my sleep at all until the sun rose up as my thoughts gone busy undoing what I saw and battling if that was real or just an effect of alcohol. Ignoring what my subconscious told me, I concluded that maybe, what I saw was just a visionary effect of being intoxicated with liquor.

            Days passed by until one night, while we are having a pool party and I am already at the peak of euphoria, my mid-blur vision had again see unusual creatures  surrounding me. Floating under the leafless acacia tree was a girl dressed up in white dress with no footwear, her hair is covering her whole face and she was all wet and I can see water dripping from her feet. Not far from her was another floating lady dressed up in t-shirt and tattered pants, her hair was disheveled covering her eyes, her lips was pale white so with her skin and there's blood from both of her wrist.