Blacktops

I barely slept. More like kept my eyes close. Thinking...daydreaming...imagining....wanting...

My alarm went off and I slapped it away. I didn't want to go to school, what if Vicky was actually gonna do something. Doubt she would. But, all the same I didn't want to find out. The ringing wouldn't stop, it was like scearming in my ears. My mom pounded on my door,

"Get up, times to go!" I slugged outta bed and went to the door. "Mom I don't feel good."

"You can't miss anymore school, you know that"

"I know.."

"Then I need you to go, if you think your sick then take some medicine Ok?"

"Alright mom thanks"

"If you feel worse go to the clinic and call me"

"Thanks"

"Welcome love you"

"Love ya too"

She walked away and I reclosed my door. Unwrapped my hand and threw on my uniform, it looked better. Scabs formed over. I put some gauze in my pocket in case it started bleeding again. I walked slower than normal. So I didn't arrive on school grounds till around 8:15 instead of 8:00. I was heading out to the blacktops when I saw Ronaldo's truck pulling up. I stopped and waited, a smile on my face. His dad waved and I waved back. After he got out his dad drove off and he smiled at me.

"Morning" I nodded my head "Morin' " we started walking. "How are you Ceclia?"

"I'll survive, how about you?"

"I'm okay, what's wrong love?"

"Nothing I can't handle"

"Ceclia"

"Yes?"

"What is wrong?"

"I just don't feel so good today"

"Awe I'm sorry love"

"Its okay" I laughed. "You seem in a good mood today."

"I am"

"Ohhhh do tell, at least youre in a good mood" he smiled and I smiled back. "I'm happy, there's no drama today, there wasn't any last night, so until so done ruins my mood I'm happy"

"Good" we passed the gate that led to the blacktops. He stopped under the trees before anyone could look over and see us. He swooped me into a hug. I giggled, he knew something was wrong but respected my wish to not tell. "Now tell me what you did to your hand" I forgot all about that! I was hoping he wouldn't notice. He grabbed my ingured palm and flipped it over wrinkles or corcern spearding across his face. He sighhed. His voice slightly shuddering. "Ceclia?..."

"I'm okay really" and tried to whip my palm out of his hands but he tighted his grip on my wrist. I tried to not wince. I mean it did hurt, but not very badly. "What did you do?" I sighed. There was no point trying to get around this. "I dug my nails into my palm"

"I guessed so, why?"

"I was upset and angery"

"About?!?"

"Nothing, I'm okay"

"Tell me" concern, anger, and sheer dread was clearly visible on his face. I sighed. I think I ruined his good mood.

"People been messing with me a lot more latly"

"Who?"

"I don't know.."

"Who?!?"

"I don't know Ronaldo!" He smiled and pulled me back into another hug. "You find names, no ones gonna hurt you without having to pay from me"

"Don't hurt anyone because of me"

"If they hurt you they deserve pain themselves"

That was sweet. Kind and loving as well. I hugged him tighter and let go before he could object. "I hope I didn't ruin your good mood"

"You didn't do anything."

"Good" we walked to the bleachers. Where he was greeted with smiles and hugs. I was greeted with dirty looks and hateful eyes. I just hope that Ronaldo would never notice the way everyone, even though close to him, treated me. It would be heartbreaking. I could see the look of confusion and pain on his face even now. I didnt like it at all. Not one bit. "Hey slut!" Oh no here we go again. Hearing Vicky as I did, Ronaldo came defensingly to my side. He placed his hand on my shoulder. "Back off boy, this. Is between me and the slut"

"Then its between me as well. Shes my friend and I won't let you hurt her"

"So be it" she shrugged and went to punch Ronaldo. I grabbed her hand and twisted her arm behind her just before it would have made impact. "And no one hurts him" Deans started walking toward us. I couldn't care less. All the anger toward Vicky was rising and I was tempted to snap her arm like the little twig it is. The shocked looks on everyone's faces created a mental picture in my mind. I doubt anyone would think I'd be able let alone actually do something like this. Ronaldo smiled wide then laughed. He rounded and bent down. Coming eye to eye with Vicky in the position I had her in. "Told you to leave her alone now didn't I?" Vicky panted.

"Yes..YES!! Have her let me go!"

"Will you leave her alone?" I pushed her arm up farther. The deans were running now.

"Yes!! Yes!! Whatever you want! Make her let go!" She sobbed. So many people snickered and laughed, crowding around and stopping the deans.

The bell rung and I dropped her "opppsssy" we grabbed our stuff and walked off to class. "That was awesome!"

"Thanks, I wasn't gonna let her hurt you Ronaldo"

"Thanks but I would have had it"

"I know! But I didn't want to take that chance." He smiled and hugged me  "later Ceclia"

"Later Ronaldo" I ran to my class just before the bell rang me tardy.