Chapter One: Agni Kai

"By the decree of the Phoenix King Ozai, I now crown you Fire Lord—"

The fire sage suddenly stopped. He stared at something in the distance.

Azula frowned and turned her head. "What are you waiting for? Do it!" She snapped.

She turned to see what the fire sage is looking at. She cursed under her breath when she saw what it was.

Appa flied into the courtyard and landed heavily, carrying Katara, Zuko, and Y/N on his back. The two girls stood up on the saddle, their eyes blazing. Zuko jumped down from his spot on Appa's neck.

"Sorry, but you're not gonna become the Fire Lord today." Zuko narrowed his amber eyes at his sister. "I am."

Azula let out a terrifying laugh that sent shivers down Y/N's spine. She sounded insane. "You're hilarious."

Katara jumped off of the saddle and landed next to Zuko. "And you're going down." She yelled. Y/N hopped down and stood on the other side of Zuko. She glared at Azula and drew her duel swords that she had been training with for so long.

Azula scoffed and stood up. "You want to be the Fire Lord? Fine! Lets settle this, then." She stared down at Zuko, her eyes ablaze with rage. "Just you and me, brother. The showdown that was always meant to be. Agni Kai!"

Zuko glared at her and tightened his jaw. "You're on."

Y/N turned to Zuko, surprised. Katara looked equally as shocked. "Zuko, what are you doing?" Y/N hissed. "She's playing you. She knows that can't take all of us, so she's trying to separate us."

"Yeah, I know. But I can take her this time." Zuko said. "There's something off about her. I can't explain it... but she's slipping. Besides, this way, nobody gets hurt."

_

Zuko and Azula kneeled at opposite sides of the courtyard. Azula had taken off her special Fire Lord clothes and was now left in her normal armor.

Katara and Y/N were both on the sideline. Katara was pacing nervously and Y/N was sitting on the ground, twirling her swords to try and distract herself from the thought of Zuko losing this fight. "He'll be fine, right?" Katara asked, her voice higher than normal. Y/N could tell she was really worried.

Swallowing the lump in her throat, Y/N grabbed onto Katara's hand. Katara looked at her, her blue eyes brimming with concern. Y/N gently pulled, bringing Katara down on the ground next to her. Y/N nodded slowly. "He'll be okay." She whispered.

The two jumped when a fire blast erupted from the center of the courtyard. The Agni Kai had started.