Chapter 9

Chapter 9

It's been a couple of days since my mother was here and I keep thinking about what Rane said. I would never do anything to make my kids feel the way she made me feel. He's right. I'm sitting on the couch drinking my coffee and lost in my thoughts when Rane sits next to me with his own. I feel him place his hand on my thigh and I look up at him. He leans over and kisses me softly. "What are you thinking about?" he asks. "About what you said. You're right. I would never make my kids feel the way she made me feel. It just bothers me that I don't know why she hates me so much. What did I do wrong?" I ask. "You didn't do anything wrong babe. Listen, some people are meant to be parents and some people aren't. She's not. You are." he tells me. "I love you. You know that right?" I ask. "I do babe. I know you love me just like I love you." he says before kissing me again.

A little later, I get a phone call. "Hello?" I ask as I answer. "Hey Lorna. It's Jasmine." she says. "Hey. What's up?" I ask. "I was wondering if we could talk." she says. "Of course. Do you want to come over?" I ask. "I'd like that." she tells me and I give her the address. A little later, we hear a knock on the door and when I answer, I see Jasmine standing there. I hug her before leading her inside. "Babe, this is Jasmine. Jasmine, this is my husband Rane." I say. "Nice to meet you." he says. "You too." she says softly. I look at her and say "We can go out onto the back deck and talk." She nods and we head out back. A couple of minutes later, Rane walks out with a couple of cups of coffee for us. "Thanks babe." I say and he heads back inside.

"What did you want to talk about?" I ask. "I found out something and I want to hear from you if it's true. You seem to be the only one in the family that never lied to me." she tells me. "Okay. What did you find out?" I ask. "That your father was mine too." she says. "Dad never verbally confirmed it but yeah, he's your father too. That's why he made sure to do everything for you that he did for me." I tell her. "Why?" she asks. "Your mom wanted a baby. But the man she married, the one you thought was your dad, couldn't have kids so my dad stepped in. Him and mom were having problems anyway and your mom was good to him. I honestly think they loved each other. You're mom was always good to me too. She never treated me like my mom does." I tell her. "So that makes you my sister." she says. "Are you okay with that?" I ask. "That would explain why we were so close growing up." she says. "We can still be close. I don't have anything to do with my mom or my brother. I could use a little family around." I tell her and she smiles. "You're okay with all of this?" she asks. "Yeah. I understand why my dad agreed to it and he never turned his back on either of us. He was a good dad." I tell her. "He was. So, what's going on with you and your mom and our brother?" she asks so I start telling her everything. "Well, fuck them. We're all the family we need." she tells me and I smile.

We are still outside talking and she asks "How did you meet your husband?" I laugh and say "You know I told you that I worked at a brothel?" I ask and she nods. "He was one of my customers. Always booked me for the entire night and was the only one that could satisfy me. He told me he wanted me to be his and he wanted to marry me. I couldn't say no. He's been too good to me and I had already fallen in love with him." I tell her. "Please tell me he has brothers." she tells me. "Well, club brothers but yes. I could introduce you to Happy, his best friend. You'll like him." I tell her and she smiles.

That evening, we head out to go to the clubhouse for another party. Rane had asked Happy to come and give Jasmine a ride. Happy pulls up and we walk outside. "Hey Happy." I say. "Hey Lorna." he says. "Hap, this is my sister Jasmine. Thanks for giving her a ride." I say and he walks over to him. He hands her a helmet as he looks her up and down. Looking at me, he nods and I nod back. She gets on behind him. "You ready little girl?" he asks. "Hell yeah." she says and we all laugh. They kick the bikes to life and we head to the party.

After partying with everyone for a while, I see my sister and Happy staying close and hanging out. He leans down and kisses her and she melts into him and I can't help but smile. We walk over and I ask "You good?" She snuggles into Happy's side and says "Yeah. I'm gonna crash with Hap tonight. That okay?" she asks. "Yeah. That's okay." I tell her and move to hug her "I better get details tomorrow sis." I whisper and she laughs at me. Rane and I head to bed and as soon as we're in the bed, he hovers over me and we start to shed clothes before he enters me and makes love to me all night long. When we finally lay down for the night, he kisses me softly and says "I love you Little One." I smile and say "I love you too Giant.