- Chapter 6 -

When King Darius was reigning, I was appointed as one of three administrators over 120 princes. Because of this, many princes hated me as they couldn't get away with any dishonesty.

A few princes tried to find fault in my work, and press charges on me but because God led me in my life no fault was found in my past or how I was running the kingdom.

They then conspired together and used Darius's pride and arrogance against him to create a decree that stated if anyone worshipped anyone but the king for 30 days, they would be thrown into the lion's den.

However, I knew I could not abide by this law.

At noon, I opened my window and faced the city of Jerusalem while I prayed.

However, before I could finish, I heard a bang of the door being broken open, and footsteps coming towards me. I was then dragged away from my house by a few of the princes and brought towards the king.

---

"Daniel, one of the exiles from Judah has paid no attention to your new law, O king. He still prays three times a day to his God." One of the princes spoke to the king.

Darius then spoke, "Daniel, is it true?"

"Yes, your majesty." I replied.

The king looked distressed, but nothing could be done. The law of the Medes and Persians prevented any law from being changed, even by the king.

The king then spoke to me, "May the God you worship, save you from the Den of lions."

I was tied up, and brought towards the den. I was then pushed into it, and the opening slammed shut.

Growl.

God, please keep me safe. I prayed.

Immediately, the mouths of the lions shut, and they stopped growling.

---

Early, the next morning I heard the sound of the king's voice.

"Daniel, are you alive? Has your God saved you?"

I answered the king, "Yes I am alive. My God has sent an angel to save me."

"Guards, lift Daniel out." The king ordered.

I was lifted out, and the men who had framed me were immediately summoned and thrown in along with their family. As soon as they were thrown in, the lions jumped and ripped them to pieces.

I shuddered at the sound, but thanked God for keeping me safe whilst being in the lion's den.

The king then returned to his kingdom and wrote to all the nations on earth about God's power, and how his kingdom will endure forever. Darius wrote how God saved Daniel from the lion's den, and how he can perform miracles.

---

During King Darius's and Cyrus's reign, God helped the kingdom prosper and He also kept me safe, and used me to minister and show Him to the people of Medio – Persia.