- Chapter 9 -

In the first year of King Darius's reign, whilst studying the bible, I began to be confused by the meaning of the seventy years prophecy. I didn't understand any of it, and I couldn't deal with not knowing the answers.

Because of my uncertainty, I prayed to God and poured out my soul. I asked God to reveal the meaning of this prophecy in the scriptures as it was so confusing to me.

Whilst I prayed, and poured my heart out to the lord, Gabriel, the angel who had appeared to me in a vision before approached me. He said 'Daniel, I have come to deliver the meaning you were asking for. Listen carefully to answer of this prophecy: The Seventy Sevens prophecy is when God's people will rebel, stop sin, set things right forever and anoint the Messiah. When word goes out to rebuild Jerusalem until the coming of the Messiah, seven sevens will pass. The rebuilding of Jerusalem and all the streets as well will take up sixty-two sevens, and this will be a rough period of time. After these sixty-two sevens, the Anointed One will be killed and the city will be made to ruins by the army of a new leader. The end will come like a flood and war will continue until the end. For one seven, the leader will make new strong alliances and halfway through the seven he will not allow worship or prayers. At the sanctuary of worship, destruction will remain until he is destroyed.'

Gabriel finished speaking, and my vision ended. I was still relatively confused by the meaning of this prophecy, and it seemed like I had a different prophecy revealed to me.