- Chapter 7 -

In the first year of King Belshazzar's reign, I had visions that foretold the future, similar, yet different to King Nebuchadnezzar's dream of the statue.

In my dream, four wild, huge beasts stood in front of me all different from each other and they came out of the ocean.

The first looked like a lion, but it contained wings like an eagle. I watched, and the wings were suddenly torn off and the lion suddenly stood on two feet instead of four, and was given the mind of a person.

The second animal looked like a bear except it had three ribs in its mouth. The bear was then told by a voice to eat some food.

The third animal looked like a leopard and had four bird-like wings on its back and four heads. This beast looking animal was given authority to rule over the world.

Finally, the fourth beast came close to me and looked like nothing I had ever seen before. It was huge and powerful looking, so it frightened me. Its teeth were made of iron, and it moved around crushing anything in its path, and devouring every creature near it. This beast also had ten horns, unlike the other ones.

Suddenly, one small horn with eyes and a mouth removed the other horns and spoke.

'I looked and saw God on His throne, his clothing and hair as white as snow. The throne was one fire, and a river of fire was coming out from it. People all over the earth stood before Him and worshipped him.'

After speaking, the last beast was stripped of its authority and power, just like the ones prior to it. It was killed, and thrown into a furnace, just like the one my friends had been thrown in.

Then, I looked up into the sky and I saw light streaming down. A son of God was coming down from the heavens, in all his glory.

He then spoke to God and was given power over all the people among the earth, and everyone worshipped Him because His kingdom would last forever.

After my dream, I couldn't understand the interpretation. Although through God had interpreted dreams before, my dream made no sense to me, and God hadn't shown me the true meaning.

Feeling troubled, I donned a robe and made my way to one of the men close by to my chambers.

"Sir, I have had a dream and wish to know the meaning."

I told this man the dream and he briefly interpreted it.

However, I still wanted to know what meanings were of the smaller details, such as the beast with the ten horns.

I asked him, and yet again he was able to interpret it for me.

As I listened to him speaking, I shuddered thinking about how there will be a king who will try to oppress the people of God, and how for a certain amount of time, God will allow his people to be in his hands. But I was thankful that eventually, God will rule the kingdom and His kingdom will be everlasting and wonderful.