CHAPTER 3: THE LIBRARY ROMANCE

Ivy's pov

In the hushed corridors of our college, a chance encounter with Donovan sparked a cascade of emotions and desires that I struggled to comprehend. His suggestion to visit the library, forsaken by many due to an impending program, seemed like an opportunity to quench the yearning that was building within me. The inexplicable magnetic pull he had on me left me yearning for his presence.

As we entered the library, it lay in serene emptiness, mirroring the tranquility that had enveloped us. Yet, amidst the stillness, my mind raced with thoughts of a passionate encounter that would erase the boundaries between us. It was a desire that momentarily consumed me, fantasies playing out vividly in my mind.

But reality intervened with Donovan clearing his throat, breaking the spell my thoughts had cast. "So..." he began, as I struggled to find the right words, my mind entangled in a web of seductive daydreams.

"Now what?" I replied, my voice betraying the sensual images that had captivated my thoughts."Let us start from the beginning, shall we? Well, our intro didn't go well, you know what I mean?" Donovan's words ushered me back to the day our paths first crossed, and I, quite embarrassingly, dubbed him a "Greek god."

In that flashback, I recalled the awkward moment when I vocalized the words "Greek god" in his presence, rendering myself an unwitting fool. His intervention, pulling me back and addressing me by name, left me bewildered. Soon, the revelation unfolded that Donovan was not just a captivating stranger but my brother's closest friend.

We fast-forwarded to the day when Donovan's presence graced our college canteen, bringing with him a hint of intrigue. Amidst the chatter of friends, Seb and Erina, Donovan claimed a seat beside me, delivering my meal with a gesture of unexpected kindness. Despite my desire to converse with him, the conversation was hijacked by the enthusiastic ramblings of our friends.Presently, in the library's secluded corners, introductions took on new meaning. "I am Ivy, a sophomore majoring in interior design, with a fiercely protective brother and four incredible girlfriends," I revealed.

Donovan, with a captivating smile, introduced himself as the basketball captain and, in my eyes, a veritable Greek god. His compliment brought a blush to my cheeks, intensifying the palpable chemistry between us. As his hand gently rested on my waist, and our faces drew closer, time seemed to stand still.

Our impending kiss was a tantalizing prospect, our breaths mingling, hearts racing, and lips drawing nearer. Yet, the universe had other plans, manifesting itself in a resounding noise that shattered our shared reverie.

With a jolt back to reality, we exchanged puzzled glances and moved toward the source of the disturbance. Donovan shielded me, igniting a warmth within me that transcended physical attraction. Our journey through the shelves led to a shocking revelation – Jenny and an unidentified partner were engaged in an explicit encounter atop a library table.The image was nothing short of horrifying, leaving an indelible mark on my memory.

As Donovan and I stood there, brought together by circumstance, our connection deepened, our desires evolved, and the library's hallowed silence bore witness to the unexpected twists of fate.