1.) Good bye Mom

Story P.O.V

Hopeless. That's the only word to describe my feelings right now . My mother has cancer ,and is slowly dying . I know she's not my real mother ,but she has taken care of me for fifteen years . I had always been told to have faith ,but seeing her pale and cold on that hospital bed has eaten away what little hope I had left .

Mom(Lisa): Tori ?

Me: Yes mom? I'm here.

Mom(Lisa): You a-are gonna have to move in w-with your birth family.

Me: What ?! They didn't want me fifteen years ago. Why would they want me now?

Mom(Lisa): Tori trust me they do . I love you my baby.

Me: I love you too mama.

I gave a week smile and kissed her fore head . When I backed away I saw he eyes slowly drift close . Then the last sound I ever wanted to hear while in the hospital . 'BEEEEEEEP .....'

The doctors came rushing in with nurse Judy (mom's nurse ) . She then pushed me out of the room and into the waiting area. A couple of minutes later the same nurse came and sat next to me .

Me: Nurse Judy will my mother be okay ?

Nurse: I'm sorry sweetie, she didn't make it . I am going to bring you to the precent ,so we can contact your birth family .

I shed a few tears and silently nodded my head . She went behind the reception desk and grabbed her purse and keys . She lead me outside to a small black car I'm guessing was hers and got in .

~·~·~·~~~~~~~~~~~~~·~·~~~~·~··~~~~~·~

When we reached the precent Nurse Judy asked for Officer Rick. She said he has my files. He appeared by the door of an office. His face was very scruffy and he had a huge beard . He had bags under his dark brown empty eyes. It was as if he was sad or angry. I'm not usually one to judge , but I'm not going to lie . He looked really creepy and I think he was eye raping Ms. Judy. Gross! Anyway we went into his office and sat down .

Rick : Before your mother was hospital ridden she had me search your files for your families information . They live in California and you have a younger sister named Skai. Your mother is Kiya Cole. Any questions ?
Story: What if my full name,and how old is my sister ?
Rick: Story Skylar-Jane Jackson . Your sister is twelve years old . Would you like to speak with your family ?
Story: I guess so .

He took the phone off of his desk and pressed one button, putting the phone to his ear. Wow . So he has my mom on speed dial ....... Thats not creepy . He took the phone away from his ear putting it on speaker .

Mom(Kiya): Hello ?

Well this should be interesting.

(A/N: Hey . The picture on the side is of Story.)