Chapter 10

*Back to the present, at the coffee shop with Emma and Oliver.*

"Hey!" I quickly exclaimed, trying to take in the fact that Oliver was right in front of me.
"So, how is Cali treating you?" Oliver asked, brushing his beautifully soft hair to the side, revealing his enchanting emerald eyes.
At that moment, I wanted to just bawl my eyes out in front of Oliver, telling him about everything that had just happened with Cole, but I didn't want to break his heart. I knew that he wasn't aware that I dated someone after I left him, even if it was only for a few weeks. I gathered my courage and decided to get straight to the point.
"Oliver, nevermind that, just, I--"
"You want to get back together." he sternly stated, as if already knowing what I was going to say.
"Yes, but, uh, how? You live in Texas and I'm in California! You know I would love dating you but, it isn't worth the heartbreak. I can't handle it if you just end up going back to Texas." I softly stated, trying not to sound offensive.
Truth be told, I did want to date Oliver. I never had a reason for not doing so-- he was perfect in Texas, and I'm sure that he was perfect now. The only problem was, I didn't think I could handle a long-distance relationship, and I probably wouldn't be able to.
I just needed him to do me a favor.
"Em, we can always figure that out! Anyway, I'm going to be in California for the rest of the school year since my parents have a business thing going on. If you want to date--" he started, only to be interrupted by my excitement.
"YES! Oliver, yes! I would love to date you! Are you going to be attending the same school as me?"
"Yeah, I am. Uh, just one question. Why are there pictures of you with this boy named Cole on your Insta?" he questioned.
He already knew. He saw it all.
"Oliver I-- he's, um, uh, alright I'm sorry but I have to tell you the truth now." I sputtered, still confused as to what I was going to do.
What has to be done has to be done.
Does it have to be the truth?
No.