one

I never really thought and learn about her cheating. I am so sure that she is different, that she can wait for me, that she will wait for me. I grip on the steering wheel. Fuck! How can I not know? Why doesn't I see any sign before?

All I ask her is to wait, because at the end of it all, I will come back for her, always for her.

I love her. I trust her.

Turns out, she doesn't need me here. She's with someone else.

She said she will wait, and when I come back, we can finally plan our wedding.

I don't know if it's still the plan, after what i've witnessed but i'm still willing to be with her and give her my name. All I need is a little time. Just enough for me to process everything.

She doesn't know that I will be back this day, because I want to surprise her, but then what happen is the other way around, I'm the one who is more surprised.

I park my car when I reach my friend's bar. I'm surprised my self that  I travel here unscratched, given that I was not in my right mind.

I enter the bar and the loud music, people wildin' at the dance floor and a smell of wreck alcohol filled my senses. I scan the place and headed straight to the bar counter when I saw Jeremy giving shots while flirting to one of his customer. Typical Jeremy.

"Hey Man, Long time" I said when I sat next to the Lady he's flirting.

Jeremy couldn't hide his surprise expression when he see me. I grinned.
Jeremy couldn't blink for a second and as if he is seeing ghost, his attention drew through me. I look at the girl he was flirting a while ago, she look up to me but then seconds later she drink her shots, totally ignored me.

"Man, Fuck! How come you're here?" Jeremy said when he finally process that I'm back. Finally back, huh?

"First of, give me a drink. Hard drinks." I said.

"What happened man? I thought you are extending your stay in Italy?" he started mixing my drink.

"Well shits happened" he give me my shots and I'm not in the mood to take my shots slow or find out what he give me, all I want is a drink. "I decided to just stay here, my stay in Italy is enough for me to build my own business venture. The plan is still on, I don't want my family business so I'm building my own."

"When did you arrived? Did you see Enica?" Her name lingered in my ears, I close my eyes and the pain of seeing her with another man is still clear, I drink straight another shots Jeremy give me, the bitter taste of alcohol in my throat is no compared to the pain expanding on my whole body.

"I arrived at midnight." I said "I still not seeing Enika, I drive here because I will be staying at your place tonight."

"Yuck man, no! Why don't you go to your place, I'm sure your Enika will be surprised."

"No, if you don't want me to stay at your place, I'm staying here tonight, you have a room here right?"

"Yeah, it's already two in the morning, you better rest for now, you look exhausted man." He give me his key card to his room at the third floor. "The whole third floor is mine, you can rest assured that you will have a good sleep, that room is sound proof. By the way where is your things?"

"At my car, just lend me a pair of shirt, I'm too tired to unpack my things, I'm leaving first thing tomorrow, anyway."

"Okay man."

I stand and decided to call it a night. I look at the Lady I'm sitting next beside me. She's also looking at me, her palm is resting to her cheek while the other hand is holding her shots.

The gaze long for about a minute when Jeremy fake a cough.

"Man, you go sleep." He said while grinning.

I look at Jeremy then laid my eyes to the Lady, she's still looking at me.

"You look drunk lady," I said. "A girl like you should always stay at home."

But then I remember Enika, she is the innocent girl I know, doesn't know how to party, always focus on her study when we was still in college, when she matured, she's exciding on her career. Always precise. A girl like Enika is so far from cheating, but then I'm wrong. She cheated.

The lady frown, her innocent face grimaced in what I said. She didn't say anything but then her eyes are blazing with anger.

"I'm sorry hotty, my friend just got a very serious jetlagged. Hope you understand." Jeremy butt in.

She diverted her attention to her drinks once again and never look at me again.

I tsked and headed to Jeremy's room in his bar.

I took a shirt from Jeremy's closet and headed to the bathroom. After doing my things I jump up to bed. That's when tiredness strike, it's been a long night.

I didn't thought tonight I'm sleeping with a broken heart, I wish I'm just dreaming and everything I see at my condo is not real. That I'm just hallucinating.

But the more I think of an escape of what I see, the more the pain thicken my whole being.

Enika.

You promised me, we made promises to each other, I hold on to that promise. But why are things going in our ways?

I want you to tell me that what I saw is not real, that I misunderstood. But then for now, I will face you with a blind eye, just give me a time, I just need to unwind.