The King

⚠️Referenced, but not explicit smut⚠️

⚠️Underage drinking⚠️

____________

"But I'm the only one that can make you feel right,

I'm the only one that you think of at night..."

Kairi watches his best friend kiss another nameless girl in the outskirts of the dance floor. Back when it was all new, it stung. It hurt to see Mattia grind against a slender blonde while he got ignored the whole night. He finds it silly now, honestly dumb, how many tears he cried over those tanned, wandering hands; thinking he wasn't good enough, that he will always go back to pretty girls and leave him in the dust.

Now, Kairi is just numb, perhaps amused. He knows that, like clockwork, Mattia will go back to him. He doesn't even know why, but Mattia will always find himself with his arms around a petite, feminine waist, and a few hours later, when the party dies down, he will hold Kairi's hips close. Mattia kisses him sweetly, and then drags him to the nearest bathroom looking for more than to just make out.  

He never seems to spend the night with the countless girls he flirts with, and Kairi almost feel guilty for their broken hearts and the dejection in their clear eyes after Mattia leaves them hung up, but basking in the afterglow of a heated hook up, he can't find it in himself to care.

____________

"So why you always ring at the end of my line?

Don't you got a girl that can make you feel nice?..."

Mattia brags about sexting girls left and right, loudly claiming that his snapchat is filled with pics from the hottest girls in New Jersey. Sometimes, he even has the snaps to prove it, but Kairi just laughs and 'ooh's along with his friends while openly ogling. He never brings up how he keeps a streak going with Kairi, and how this streak lacks friendliness in its nature. 

Is late at night and his phone dings with an incoming facetime. He answers, knowing that only Mattia will call him at this hours, and he isn't surprised by the red lights in Mattia's room, the quiet sighs tell him all he needs to know. But, he likes teasing his best friend, so he doesn't succumb that fast.

"Tia! Need anything?" He asks, overly bright and innocent, and Mattia focuses the camera on his red face, blown out eyes staring back at Kairi. That gaze sears him inside out, but Kairi is nothing but controlled and he just takes an uneven breath and pushes forward. "Did you get her to send you nudes? Remember, sharing is caring." Mocking him, taunting him, Kairi has the upper hand and he doesn't plan on letting Mattia forget.

"Please, Kai..." A deep rasp, "I want you." A rough voice and Kairi lets go. As warm hands sink and find and breathy moans fill the call, neither of them miss how only Kairi's slopes and valleys bring release for Mattia.

____________

"Other boys and girls never really made you feel right,

And you can't explain why I'm always running your mind..."

A boring party, shots of vodka and a game of too hot helped Mattia find himself kissing his best friend in front of a crowd of high schoolers. Everyone shrieked and laughed, however Mattia found the situation anything but funny. His hands itched to hold Kairi's waist, and as he deepened the kiss, letting his tongue graze the roof of his mouth, he lost his battle and gripped him tight. The screaming around them got louder, yet Mattia only had senses for his best friend. 

He was declared loser, and was forced to drink two shots, which someone claimed were for the two minutes he lasted without touching Kairi. Feeling drunk, off drinks or the kiss he may never know, he had walked out the house for some fresh air. Kairi found him leaning against the white picket fence, shivering in the cold.

"You're not mad, are you?" Mattia was going to make fun of him for that question, but as he turned to answer all he could focus on were red, swollen lips and heavy-lidded eyes. That night ended with them making out against the fence, and Mattia's new found realization that nothing will ever compare to Kairi's everything. Perhaps a curse, most likely a blessing. He's a slave, mind and body, to Kairi's sole existence, and he is not keen on being freed. 

____________

 "You like me, oh, obviously,

So why you trying to leave when you know that I'm the king?...

Other lovers give you no luck,

'Cause I'm the only one that has made you fall in love..."

He tried to get with as many girls as possible after his discovery, denying the truth came easy to him. Mattia charmed them and spent time with every single one, but they all stood in glaring contrast against Kairi. Their smiles were fine where Kairi's were beaming, their giggles annoying where Kairi's were adorable. They stood too tall, forehead leaning against his neck, while Kairi laid in his chest naturally. Their voices were high and pitchy, nothing like the baritone of his best friend. 

Girls were attractive, there was no denying that, but the spark fell off after a few days and he will lose the little interest he had in first place. With him, it is never like that, because no matter what he will end up sated and warm in between those short arms. Mattia is too scared to call it love, not when his mind won't let him rest till he is sure absolutely no girl can catch his eye, but for the meantime Kairi is his emotional support and he seems to mind it not.  

Kairi is everything for Mattia and patient is one of those things, he waits in the know of the other's love for him. Sometimes, Kairi wishes he could show Mattia why it is okay to let himself love and be loved by his best friend, but he knows when to push and when to relent.  He understands that this fight will only end up scaring Mattia away, and he can't cope with the idea of losing him like that.  Not today, and having trusted him with his heart, he can only hope that never.