The familiarity of hugs

Enjoy the story with a side of homemade memes cause i feel like  

🧚🏽‍♀️💫 oversharing 💫🧚🏽‍♀️

Also, i know nothing about US geography or time zones so if any info is inaccurate, please point it out for me to edit or just bear with it.

This update is dedicated to 

rosariosbitch 

oceansidesuicide

thatbisexualbih

Thank you so much for the supportive comments! They mean so much. 🥺🥰 Also, thanks to everyone who has read or voted for this story, I can't believe people actually like what I write, but I'm grateful. Love ❤

____________

It's difficult to forget what constantly made you happy, and for Mattia, Kairi is no exception to this rule. How can he forget? When Kairi is this unmovable presence in his mind, has been for the past three years, and there's no one in this world who has made him happier. Mattia likes to think that Kairi is like a complex equation, made up of defined variables that uniquely form him. It's in his smiles, big and radiant, slightly lopsided and most definitely adorable. It's in his giggles, high-pitched and generously offered. It's in his voice, his thoughts, his two a.m. calls, that and much more all come together as a whole in Mattia's mind and everything inside him is Kairi! Kairi! Kairi!

But, if he had to choose that what he loves more from Kai, that will be all their shared hugs. They are all so different and yet so familiar, so infused with the nuances that represent Kairi, that Mattia treasures them just as much as he treasures his boy.

There are those clashing, sweaty hugs given in celebration of a won grueling match. The ones where their limbs are achy but still grip each other tight, pumped with adrenaline and filled with camaraderie. They're much more than just having won. For Mattia, those rough hugs feature before and afters that he wouldn't give up for the world. 

A sweeter embrace may be found in the cold, winter nights spent on sleepovers, when their edges are sleepy and soft and they lightly hold each other close. Cuddling comes to them as naturally as breathing does, and the silent walls of their respective rooms know it all too well. Their legs end up tangled under cozy covers and Kairi always lies on Mattia's chest, letting the slow rise and fall lull him into a deep sleep. Meanwhile, Mattia plays with Kairi's long hair late into the night, and slowly follows Kairi into his dreams. 

Rare yet cherished is the taut hold they keep in the middle of fervid encounters, when emotions run volatile and fuel the young, flammable love they have. It's bruising and lustful in their quest to keep each other as near as possible, as if two puzzle pieces wish to become one in the tipping point of desire, and only after the frenzy slows down, could they bear to not be close body and heart. 

Yesterday, they kept each other as far as possible, perhaps subconsciously preparing themselves for the soon-to-end proximity. Kairi busied himself with teary and melancholic goodbyes from family and friends who he would leave behind and then only spare a thought or two when at his new house. Mattia allowed himself to remain cheerful, if not quite forced, even if he really was not, so as to avoid the heartbreaking reality that will soon tear through the stitches that knit them close. And although both boys painted watery smiles and sounded out choked laughs, everyone around them felt the pulsating pain in their souls. The moment they had learnt they were to be separated by Kairi's family moving away, they had begun building flimsy walls in a weak effort to salvage at least a piece of their souls. Today, seeing Kairi get ready to push a suitcase across the airport gate, Mattia wasn't able to resist clinging to him one last time.