Girlfriend

"Riot!"

You wave your hand at Riot, smiling under your bandana as the two of you walk towards each other. He gives you a tight side hug and ruffles your hair a bit.

"How are you?" He asks, you fix your hair and shrug.

"I'm fine. Hey, do you think we can start walking to the front?" Riot nods and places a hand on your back, guiding you to the front of the crowd.

"So how are you and your little boyfriend?"

You stop in your tracks, confusion washing over your face. "Boyfriend?"

"Yeah, you and Alex." Riot chuckles, he doesn't seem to see your face, he was still guiding you through the thick crowd.

"I- I don't get it." You shake your head.

"What do you mean? He told me you were his girlfriend now," You grip onto your sign, glancing around for any sign of Alex. Girlfriend ?

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah, I asked him if I could hang out with you and he got super weird and mad. Then he told me that you two were dating now." He explains, you laugh to yourself, feeling yourself blush a bit as well.

Girlfriend .

"Hm, that's funny." You say, you make it to the front of the crowd, coming face to face with the police.

"How so?" Riot looks down at you, adjusting your bandana a bit to cover your face more.

"It's just...funny." You hold your sign up, watching as the cops frown when they see it. You laughed to yourself, seeing one cop shake their head and look away.

Once again, your art skills had come in handy. The painting of a cop sucking a big, fat dick was pretty detailed. And you were sure the cops were just loving it.

"Where's Alex anyways?" You heard Riot say, you turned your head to the side, trying to spot Alex's tall figure.

"I'm not sure, he told me he would be here." You feel your phone vibrate in your pocket, so you step behind Riot and pull your phone out, seeing a text from Alex.

'Stay with Riot .'

"It's been three hours, where is Alex?" You grumbled, Riot shrugged, he pointed at your unlaced shoe.

"Shoe's untied." He bends down and props your foot on his knee, quickly tying your shoe. "There we go," Riot stands up and grabs one of your signs, holding it up while he joins the chants of the protesters.

"Where the hell is Alex?" You say to yourself, you still couldn't see him anywhere in the crowd, but he texted you multiple times assuring you he was fine.

"Take it to the streets! Defund the police! No justice! No peace!" The crowd chanted, you let out a sigh before returning back to the protest. You joined in with the protesters and held your sign up.

A protester beside you shouts at a cop as they get arrested. You watch as the cop locks in the handcuffs around their wrists, "I didn't fucking do anything!" The protester yells out.

"Hey, asshole let her go!" You grab onto the protesters arm, trying to pull them away from the cop but it does nothing. The cop only shoves you aside and kicks your ankle.

"You wanna get arrested too?" The cop snarls, pulling another set of handcuffs from his pocket.

"Do it." You say, dropping your hands to your sides and huffing. "Fucking do it ."