Promise

TW: (kinda alot) MENTIONS OF BLOOD

Brushing your thumb gently over his warm skin, the corners of Alex's lips twitched upwards, a faint smile stretching his lips. His eyelids fluttered, letting him get a moment to take in the atmosphere. The sun blaring through the blinds, blinding his eyesight for a few moments. The comfy fabric his head was pressed up against rubbed against his cheek, your chest moving up and down gently. His mouth felt dry and heavy, his throat scratchy and his mind dizzy. The remnants of last night lingered on his tongue.

"Ugh, wha- whablerghmm." He mumbled nonsense, rubbing harshly at his eyes.

"Good morning to you too." You spoke softly, giving him a gentle kiss on the top of his head. Alex groaned and snuggled his face deeper in your chest, the softness of your sweater made him feel warm. "How'd you sleep?"

"My head hurts." He replied, "Like, bad."

You let out a breathy chuckle, "I know, you kinda got drunk last night." You buried your fingers into the messy mop of his hair. Soft, dark locks swept over your fingers and hid them. As you softly brushed through his hair, Alex turned his head over so he was now facing you. Bloodshot eyes stared into your gentle gaze, he scrunched his nose at you, "Did I do anything stupid?" He asked.

Ah, here we go. You were debating whether or not to let the short conversation from last night go, not acknowledge it and just never speak of it again. Since you were sure Alex wouldn't remember. But something inside you was picking at your curiosity, wondering about everything.

"Alex," You hummed, your mouth opened up ready to speak, but you hesitated. "How 'bout you clean yourself up, hm? And then we can talk about last night." Then a smile painted your lips and he nodded, pushing himself up with a grunt.

With no recollection of the night before, Alex grew somewhat worried of whatever he let slip out of his drunk mind. Whatever he told you, either was bad or good. Probably bad. He found himself staring at the floor while in the shower, rinsing the grogginess off him. His head was banging with an ache, a hangover, of course. Though he shouldn't be forcing himself to try and remember stuff especially with his killer headache, he tried his best to retrace his steps, but it was no use. The struggle only resulted in his head becoming more and more dizzy.

He stepped out of the shower, scrubbing the towel against his wet hair. Then he wrapped it around his waist, grabbing the toothbrush and freshening up his breath. Alex heard a few noises downstairs, probably was you rummaging through things. He finished up in the bathroom and went to grab some sweats. Gray, as always.

"Here, some Advil." You slid a small pill and a glass of water along the counter towards him, beckoning him to drink it. "You know, I didn't expect you to be such a lightweight."

"What?" You pointed towards the not even half-empty bottle of Patron near the sink, a small cup sat next to it.

"I'm assuming you only drank like, five shots." You snickered, but you weren't really one to talk, two shots in and you probably would be talking nonsense.

"No, I have more bottles than that y'know." Alex tips his head back as he swallows the pill with ease, following up with a heavy gulp of water. He shuffled past you towards the fridge, "Sit. I'll make breakfast."

While you watched him flip eggs and toast some bread, you propped your elbows up on the kitchen island. You waited for him to finish before speaking, "So," he slid a plate to you. "I guess you have no memory of our short conversation last night?" You said as you began cutting the eggs up.