Careful

Story belongs to anicajeann on ao3! Enjoy reading!

You sat up in bed, rubbing your eyes and yawning. You turned your body expecting to see Alex, except he wasn't there. The bed was empty, no sign of him anywhere in the room. You look out the window, "Good morning to me." You grumble.

You step down the stairs, the smell of pancakes and maple syrup instantly filling your lungs. You make your way into the kitchen and saw Alex standing by the stove flipping pancakes.

"Finally, you're up." He chuckles, he turns to you and points to a plate of pancakes on the kitchen island. "Eat up sweetheart." He smiles.

"Good morning," You pull a stool over and sit down, picking up the fork next to the plate. He seemed to be in a happy mood today, his cheeky smile made it somewhat obvious.

"It's the afternoon."

You perk your head up, "Oh?". You wondered how long you'd slept, you couldn't remember what time you fell asleep last night. You looked down at the plate, the stack of pancakes and some strawberries on the side made your stomach grumble, jeez I'm hungry you thought.

"Yeah, oh ." He hands you the bottle of maple syrup. "Sleep well?"

"Mhm. Where's Riot?" You say with a mouthful of pancakes, Alex turns off the stove, scooping the last pancake up with the spatula and plopping it onto your plate.

"He went out to protest," Alex grabs a cup and filled it with water, setting it down next to your plate.

"Why didn't you go?" You ask him, taking a small sip of water. Alex just shrugs, turning around.

"I was waiting for you to wake up."

"Well why didn't you wake me up?"

Alex huffs, feeling his cheeks burn up. Cause you were too cute and peaceful asleep, he says in his head. Though of course, he wouldn't tell you that. "How's the pancakes?" He says with his back still turned to you. He waits until he feels the color in his cheeks fade away before facing you again, "Are they good?"

You nod, "You could've woken me up."

"Yeah, you needed rest anyways." He takes a glance at you, your hair was all messed up and maple syrup was dripping down your lips. He grabs a napkin, leaning over and wiping it off. "I'm going to the protest, stay here alright?"

"What? No I'll come with you." You watch him shake his head, "Why not?"

"You've had a...rough night."

"So?"

"So, you aren't coming."

You let out a frustrated sigh, stabbing your fork into the pancakes. It wasn't like you would get hurt anyways, you would most likely just be standing behind Alex the whole time. Honestly, he would be pushing you behind him the whole time to try and protect you. You groaned, "Well then what am I supposed to do?"

"You have a phone." He then points to the large television in the living room, "You can watch stuff on Netflix. I won't be out too long."

"My phone and the tv won't fully satisfy me." You tell him, crossing your arms and pouting.

"Then satisfy yourself some other way, I'm sure you'll find something to do." He grins. You roll your eyes and watch him go up the stairs, going into his room to put on his suit.

" Satisfy yourself some other way, " You mock, you finish eating your pancakes and the strawberries, cleansing your palate with water. You look around, the house looked so bland. You wondered what Alex usually did for fun.